Mock plugin for development

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

CEPOCTb

Mock plugin for development

#1 Post by CEPOCTb »

Hi! I'm currently working on A2A-compatible version of Cessna 182 panel, and wolud like to ask for some tool for development purposes to mock a real simulator plugin. It is not very convinient to run a simulator each time, and I have AM on my laptop and simulators on PC, so I can have my laptop with me somewhere, having time to do something, but can't with no simulator nearby.
In version 3 it was possible to write to subscribed variables even when AM is not connected to a simulator, but in 4 this does not work anymore :( And also internal variables are passed through a plugin and didn't work without it even in v3, as I can remember.
So, some simple standalone tool implementing a plugin interface and with simple UI to set a values to subscribed variables and trigger events will be very helpfull. :)

Ralph

Re: Mock plugin for development

#2 Post by Ralph »

This is still possible in version 4 and works fine here. If this really was a problem then we would have heard this a long time ago.
I rather suspect a problem in your instrument script...

CEPOCTb

#3 Post by CEPOCTb »

:shock: Sorry %) Just tested it and it really works... But it didn't... Maybe it was some beta, or some special circumstances... I'll report it back if meet it again %)

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Beta works just as fine. Like I said, I rather suspect something in your script.

CEPOCTb

#5 Post by CEPOCTb »

I mean previews betas of 4.0, not current (those about an year ago - yes, it was some delay in development :D).
Most scripts didn't change since v3, and I've also tested on those created on v4 - now they work too %) Kind of magic %)

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Ah, I cannot speak for pre-4.0 release betas. But it works in the release version and 4.1