FPS drops about 10 fps using air manager.

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

kimbro

FPS drops about 10 fps using air manager.

#1 Post by kimbro »

After testing the FPS trying to figure out whats dropping the fps, its air manager.
Is there a way to reduce that? I'm down to 10-15 fps now.
With airmanager not showing any screens(g1000) in my case, its runs at 33-40fps.
Attachments
image.png
image.png

Ralph

Re: FPS drops about 10 fps using air manager.

#2 Post by Ralph »

Are you using the latest GPU drivers?
Have you tried the beta?

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Hi,

I suspect you are using avionics windows popped out from MSFS. If so then there is not a lot you can do until this well known issue is fixed by Asobo.
If you don’t pop out any Windows from MSFS and Air Manager is running its instruments then you should hardly see any FPS drop. If it’s this case, then it’s something on your end as Ralph suggests, like your GPU driver or a setting perhaps.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

If the pop outs are indeed running then that's your FPS drop. You can lower the frame rate of the glass panels in the FS2020 settings menu, but I'm not sure if that will do much.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Solution - use X-Plane :D
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

kimbro wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:21 pm Image

After testing the FPS trying to figure out whats dropping the fps, its air manager.
Is there a way to reduce that? I'm down to 10-15 fps now.
With airmanager not showing any screens(g1000) in my case, its runs at 33-40fps.
Out of interest, what is that program you are using for measurements ????
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

home4sale2

#7 Post by home4sale2 »

If you turn on developer mode in MSFS, you will see a menu bar at the top, you can click on Display FPS there under one of the options. It's so scrunched up though. If you have NVIDIA, it has its own panel too which you activate via ALT+R. While I am at it, you can use it to run replay too which I can't seem to get to work with MSFS natively.

kimbro

#8 Post by kimbro »

I am popping out the g1000 with the g1000 instrument panel in air manager.
The fps is from msfs debug window.

I got two 15" touchscrees hoping to have a glass as cockpit.
Not with these results

jph

#9 Post by jph »

home4sale2 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:32 am If you turn on developer mode in MSFS, you will see a menu bar at the top, you can click on Display FPS there under one of the options. It's so scrunched up though. If you have NVIDIA, it has its own panel too which you activate via ALT+R. While I am at it, you can use it to run replay too which I can't seem to get to work with MSFS natively.
Ok,
I tried msfs - the new one - for a while just to see what it was like and was not impressed at all, so never got that far.
Hope you get it sorted.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#10 Post by Crunchmeister »

With a resolution like that, it looks like you're spanning your display across 3 1440p monitors. If you're not running the top-of-the-line baller system, you're pushing your system way too hard. I'm talking top of the line fastest CPU available and an RTX3090. Without that you're basically shooting yourself in the foot right out of the gate, even without Air Manager running. Add the MSFS popouts to that, and it's going to chop whatever normal fps you get in half. This has nothing to do with Air Manager. This is all MSFS and the settings you're using.

Hate to tell you, but your issue is that you're pushing MSFS way beyond what mere mortal systems can handle.
Last edited by Crunchmeister on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com