Knobster adjustable mount

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

VizslaGuy

Knobster adjustable mount

#1 Post by VizslaGuy »

Hello there!
Getting excited to try my new knobster!
In this video at about the 6:50 mark there is a very cool adjustable mount shown with Knobster branding. Please could you tell me where to buy this (or something close to it) that is compatible with he current version of the Knobster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3GKvHyBNI&t=414s

Thanks for your help :)

- Thomas

Ralph

Re: Knobster adjustable mount

#2 Post by Ralph »

That was 3D printed by Russ, I don't think there are any mounts on the market, not that I know of. Except for that monitor mount made by Flight Velocity and Stay Level Avionics.

VizslaGuy

#3 Post by VizslaGuy »

@russ ... I sent you a PM, but it is still sitting in my outbox on here...please let me know when you receive it (or not) 8-)

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I don't think that Russ visits this forums that often.
If you like a little challenge then you can install Fusion 360 and try it yourself.

VizslaGuy

#5 Post by VizslaGuy »

Ralph wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:01 am I don't think that Russ visits this forums that often.
If you like a little challenge then you can install Fusion 360 and try it yourself.
I have had 3D things printed before and I know where to go for that, but the file(s) for that particular mount is/are nowhere to be found :cry: .

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

It's something he made, I'm not sure if he still has it. This also was for the old Knobster, so it will not fit on the new one.

jph

#7 Post by jph »

I would think it is really really easy to make with a couple of pieces of aluminium angle from the diy shop and a bit of felt for protection. A bit of simple drilling to adjust the gap and a single screw in the bottom for holding it in place - or, simple double sided tape - and a bit of black paint if you must - but..............
If you go to any car spares shop and buy the green covered double sided tape for sticking trim and number plates on then job sorted.
If you need greater surface area on the base of the knobster then simple add a piece of plastic - perspex etc - on the base of the knobster prior to using the tape. It doesnt need to be clamped from the back !. also, to remove and residue if you decide to change position use a sharpened piece of old bank card to slice the glue and then use a label remover such as ambersil. I mean, if you get the place to fit it correctly then it should just stick with the number plate tape. Nothing else needed really.
It isn't rocket surgery ;)
Hope you get it sorted Thomas.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

this is the kind of tape I am talking about. It sticks like shit to a blanket !

Ignore the one underneath that is double sided thermal insulating tape.
tape.jpg
hope that help - Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.