MCDU Overlay instrument for Flightfactor FF A320

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

MCDU Overlay instrument for Flightfactor FF A320

#1 Post by Detlef »

Hi,

I did a complete rework on the overlay instrument for the MCDU, please feel free to use it:
Airbus A320 FlightFactor - MCDU Overlay.siff
(705.72 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

I am no longer using a screenshot from the original Flightfactor cockpit, but instead I painted everything myself. I have also recorded a click tone for the keypress feedback. So there should be no trouble with property rights.

I have added a checklist feature. It is activated per MCDU MENU key. The initial checklist items are my personal ones. So enter your own items in the Lua code. It is explained in the code.
Also I have added night lighting. The instrument is illuminated very similar to the original FF one.

If you use Alexander Hildmanns instruments for the FF A320 you may change the user properties here from "Automatic" to "Manual" if you like.

Let me know if anything doesn't work.

Thank you and Merry Christmas
Detlef
image.png

jph

Re: MCDU Overlay instrument for Flightfactor FF A320

#2 Post by jph »

Hi @Detlef
Looking superb. Really nice work.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Detlef

Re: MCDU Overlay instrument for Flightfactor FF A320

#3 Post by Detlef »

jph wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:03 am Hi @Detlef
Looking superb. Really nice work.
Joe
Joe,
thank you! Checklists actually help, especially if it is some time since the last flight with the aircraft. No surprise there, that's why every real world pilot uses them :)
Having the checklist integrated in the MCDU has the advantage of taking up no extra space on the screen. The disadvantage is, that you have to switch back and forth if you use it for items to be done with the MCDU itself, e.g. completing the flight plan etc.

Detlef