Switch Panel for Cessna 172 SP with G1000

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Switch Panel for Cessna 172 SP with G1000

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

This switch panel for the G1000 version of the Cessna 172 is available for adding to your panels but it is made for the X-Plane default Cessna 172.
I have just bought the Airfoil Labs C172 with G1000 (great value to US$50) but of course the Airfoil version uses its own datarefs so I need to clone this and make some simple modifications. I have done this many times before and it is very straightforward.
However despite being able to add it to a panel, I cannot find it when I go to the Create/Edit Tab. It is not available to download.
It appears to be part of Air Manager but it appears we are not allowed to clone it for modification?
Could anyone help?

AnthonySullivan

Re: Switch Panel for Cessna 172 SP with G1000

#2 Post by AnthonySullivan »

It has just dawned on me that Airfoil Labs may have somehow added an instrument to Air Manager? Is that possible? but why would they do that. I am very confused. They offer pop out panels which you can move to another screen but they do not work in Air Manager.

jph

#3 Post by jph »

50 dollars ! ??? you think that is great value :shock:

@Ralph - quick double your prices.

People will pay anything. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

AnthonySullivan

#4 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Well honest labour deserves to be rewarded. In terms of accuracy and completeness for training purposes, I have not seen anything as detailed as this so far. All we need is X-Plane to improve its model of the G1000 so that we can see the full engine page on the MFD.
I am well into creating my own instrument now but I would still like to understand what is going on. Sometimes computers do weird things.

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

I forgot to reply to this one, so apologies for the late reply. I also think that they did a great job on their 172. You can take that thing apart from top to bottom, tons of documentation, great flight model, etc... If you're training on a 172, then this is probably a perfect tool for your education.

But, coming back on topic. You're probably talking about the premium version of our 172 panel. Premium instruments are closed source and cannot be modified.
We will have to come up with a layout for this model, most probably with some updated graphics on the switch panel. I got some other stuff to do first, like finally fixing the G5 autopilot issue in Prepar3D... but I'll keep this in mind.