Could use some help getting started with LUA script

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Kaellis991

Re: Could use some help getting started with LUA script

#11 Post by Kaellis991 »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:28 am Hi,

It is like buying a motor vehicle. You need to obtain a driving licence to drive the vehicle.

Ok.... do not be disheartened and discouraged. We are a helpful bunch and will guide and help you. You must be prepared to try and do things and when you do not get something to work, share your code so that we can guide you. We do not make fun and knock those learning mistakes. Peeps learn from the mistakes and get pointed in many directions to create awesome instruments.
5 years ago I was just like you so I know how you feel. 5 years from now you will be a guru and teach a lot of us a few tricks.

Keith
Keith,
Thanks for the words of wisdom. But in 5 years I will be 74, if I am still around. So I am feeling a little bit anxious to get this sim built as soon as possible. It's been a year since I started it and now that I have all the components I am in somewhat of a hurry to get it completed so I can do the flying part.

Kirk

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi Kirk.

I am 67 so not to far behind you. :D

We will get you up and running in no time. Just need to start at the basics and don't expect your first painting to be a Picasso.

Try the code I posted on your airframe and let us know if it works. NOTE: The dataref is different from the one your Airframe might use.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Kaellis991

#13 Post by Kaellis991 »

Keith,

It worked by just changing the dataref info. See my last post on previous page.

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

Kaellis991 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:23 am Keith,

It worked by just changing the dataref info.
Kirk,

That is awesome. See how easy it is. :mrgreen:
Just a little more learning and you will be a guru.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Kaellis991

#15 Post by Kaellis991 »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:25 am
Kaellis991 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:23 am Keith,

It worked by just changing the dataref info.
Kirk,

That is awesome. See how easy it is. :mrgreen:
Just a little more learning and you will be a guru.

Keith
Cut and paste is easy, but there is no way I would be able to write that from scratch...not until I thoroughly understand what I am reading in that script. Perhaps someday I will be able to dissect that bit of code and parse out the logic behind it so I can apply it to other scripts. Thanks again