fs2020 subscribe first read incorrect

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

fs2020 subscribe first read incorrect

#1 Post by Sling »

Not sure what's changed but I just noticed this. Upon first start of the instrument the subscribe reports 0 even though the strobe light is switched on. The corresponding AM switch is therefore placed in the incorrect position. If the in sim switch is set off then on the subscribe works as normal. Upon first start of the instrument the event viewer also shows the sim switch position as 0 (off) when it is in fact 1 (on). It seems as though the subscribe is not doing the first read correctly. Tried with AM 4.0.2 and AM4.1 with both the stable and beta plugins.

Code: Select all

strobe_sw = switch_add(switch_off_img, switch_on_img, 30, 205, 50, 70, function(pos)
    fs2020_event("K:STROBES_SET", pos ~ 1)
end)

function switch_update_fs(strobe)
print(strobe)
    --strobe
    switch_set_position(strobe_sw, strobe)
end

fs2020_variable_subscribe("L:LIGHTING_STROBE_1", "Enum", switch_update_fs)

Sling

Re: fs2020 subscribe first read incorrect

#2 Post by Sling »

So today it decides to work. Nothing different from my side. I should know better. Come back another day and try again. :-)

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Maybe something network related. If you are able to reproduce it in some way then let us know.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:03 pm Not sure what's changed but I just noticed this. Upon first start of the instrument the subscribe reports 0 even though the strobe light is switched on. The corresponding AM switch is therefore placed in the incorrect position. If the in sim switch is set off then on the subscribe works as normal. Upon first start of the instrument the event viewer also shows the sim switch position as 0 (off) when it is in fact 1 (on). It seems as though the subscribe is not doing the first read correctly. Tried with AM 4.0.2 and AM4.1 with both the stable and beta plugins.
You don't say what actually works and what doesn't -- ie: when was the last stable functionality. You need to be more precise as to what worked (works) and what does not work and - when if ever it did previously and as said, can you reproduce this in a reliable way (it seems not) . It is a hit and miss otherwise. Also, you fail to say what remedial actions you have taken in the potential reproduction of the issue. Please be clearer if possible as it would help.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The information he provides seems perfectly fine to me.
But with these kinds of things, it is hard to pinpoint the exact set or circumstances needed to reproduce it.

Corjan

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Corjan wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:18 am Hi,

The information he provides seems perfectly fine to me.
But with these kinds of things, it is hard to pinpoint the exact set or circumstances needed to reproduce it.

Corjan
The way to pinpoint is with clear and concise and detailed information to look at. The more info that is objective the merrier. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.