Seeing only partial instruments with AP 4.02 on Pi 4

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

thuib

Seeing only partial instruments with AP 4.02 on Pi 4

#1 Post by thuib »

I'm using AM 4.02 on the PC, and loaded the AP Pi SD image for the Pi 4 (4GB). The Pi has a 1280 x 1024 display for hosting the instruments. I used raspi-config to confirm that the Pi is driving at the right resolution, and I am seeing FPS and partial instruments on the Pi's screen.

I experimented a bit with existing panels, but only saw the bottom-left of the instruments. I decided to create a a new panel at 1280 x 1024 with a blue background. I added a single instrument (Cessna 208 - Airspeed) to simplify the situation. I still see only the bottom-left 1/4 of this instrument. I have experimented with sizing and scaling the panel, as well as the dimensions of the instrument. Larger dimensions for the instrument show more but not all of the instrument. Scaling the panel up and down doesn't seem to have expected results (seeing the whole instrument, either large or small).

I downloaded the log, but it seems to just confirm connectivity status.

I'm a bit stumped here....any ideas? Thanks!

thuib

Re: Seeing only partial instruments with AP 4.02 on Pi 4

#2 Post by thuib »

airplayerpi.png
This is what I am seeing with AP on the Pi. This example starts with a blank 1024 x 768 panel and adds one instrument.
Other panels also show partial instruments.

thuib

Re: Seeing only partial instruments with AP 4.02 on Pi 4

#3 Post by thuib »

I've had a ticket open on this for a while, but it appears to still be unsolved.
Could other users please respond:
* Were they able to get AP running on a Pi 4? If so...
* Which model (2/4/8 GB)
* Was it installed on top of Raspian, or was the pre-build image used?
* Please provide all detailed raspi-config settings, including things like GL settings
* Details of a simple panel that worked, including resolution and which instrument(s)
* Any other tweaks that were required

Thanks!