Radio Stack

Everything about Flight Illusion hardware in combination with Air Manager or Gstep.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

davenicoll

Radio Stack

#1 Post by davenicoll »

Hello,

I was using the GSTEP program to connect my FI Radio Stack to MSFS with no issues now, since SU 7 from MSFS it no longer works.

If I start the GSTEP program it says the I/O is running (In Green) and in the bottom right corner connected to MSFS 2020 but nothing works in the Sim, they don't even turn on..

Am I missing something?

I have logged a support ticket with FI but to date no reply..

Dave

Ralph

Re: Radio Stack

#2 Post by Ralph »

Make sure that you are using our latest plugin and check this page:
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... n_problems

davenicoll

#3 Post by davenicoll »

Yes, latest plug in installed correctly..

I have not purchased air manager 4, I only use the plug ins and app supplied on the Flight Illusions website...

Is this OK?

Dave

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

That doesn't really matter, as long as you have the latest version. But please check all items on the wiki page I've posted.

davenicoll

#5 Post by davenicoll »

Thank you...

I have created a support ticket..

Dave

davenicoll

#6 Post by davenicoll »

Ralph kindly answered my support ticket saying he could not see an issue.

Must be user error lol but leaves me baffled...

So, to use my Bendix radio stack in MSFS 2020 do I need to start both G Step and GS Control and if so in what order.

I have done that and if I start G Step on it's own I have the I/O board saying connected (plus a Green dot) on the left, in the big box on the right it says Nothing Selected and bottom right corner Connected to FS 2020 but nothing works...do I need to connect my units to this plug in and if I do I cannot see a way to do this.

If I start GS Control as well it will open and do the seconds countdown and give me the error Com port 3 already open which is what the I/O board is connected to...

I must be doing something wrong...works fine in prepar3D...

Should I uninstall and start afresh?

Dave

davenicoll

#7 Post by davenicoll »

Got it working...But another question lol..

I uninstalled the I/O interface and then reinstalled it (Add device) and it promptly scanned and found all my connected devices...this it did not do before..

In FS 2020 they all work except the radio, it turns on but does not control anything in the sim and on opening the interface says it is disconnected. Close FS 2020 and re open the interface it goes back to connected so maybe an FS 2020 issue.

When it was scanning for my devices it gave me 2 options on the Radio...

Bendix Com/Nav for Just Flight or Bendix Com/Nav Generic...I chose Generic, is this correct?

Dave

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

You'll have to ask this question at Flight Illusion, we don't have this hardware over here. I have never heard of GS Control.
There is an audio panel for Just Flight, but no radio.