Need advices for "linear leds"

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Re: Need advices for "linear leds"

#21 Post by JackZ »

Guess that CT=CHT
And GT=EGT, so yes, these values do exist.

The only thing is that the sim gives only a common value for all the cylinders. And this kind of gauge usually has many probes that display in sequence the CHT for each cylinders, like the JPI. So if you want to be able to emulate this function, one has to introduce a slight variation.

There is already a discussion on the forum about this issue

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... &hilit=CHT

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

oscarDelta77

#22 Post by oscarDelta77 »

Jack,

This a PA28 Thielert.

CT means Coolant Temp
GT means "Température du réducteur" (I'm looking for the english translation)

Fuel Temp (left and right) does not exist either. I'm using ambient temp and add a random number .

jph

#23 Post by jph »

oscarDelta77 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:16 pm Jack,

This a PA28 Thielert.

CT means Coolant Temp
GT means "Température du réducteur" (I'm looking for the english translation)

Fuel Temp (left and right) does not exist either. I'm using ambient temp and add a random number .
Hi
with it a being a turbo diesel engine, I am wondering if it is the DPF (diesel particulate filter) where there is a 'reduction' effect in two areas, One is a reduction of particulate emissions - I believe this DPF unit can run at around 600C !! (1100F) and also there is a reduction in pressure across the unit. However, as you mention temperature, I believe it may well be DPF temperature caused by its operation to 'reduce' particulate emissions. A clue may be in the temperature scale on the gauge.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

oscarDelta77

#24 Post by oscarDelta77 »

Hi Jph,

Thanks.

I will have a look on the doc, but these reduction is more mechanical : motor / propeller.

I will check and let you know.

jph

#25 Post by jph »

oscarDelta77 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:19 am Hi Jph,

Thanks.

I will have a look on the doc, but these reduction is more mechanical : motor / propeller.

I will check and let you know.
HA ! - MORE - VERY important info is suddenly posted. :o :shock: :? :roll: it MAY be reduction drive oil temp. But as I said, it is best to post an image of the real gauge in the real aircraft as the scale in temperature will tell you 99% of what you need to know.
if you actually fly the real aircraft simply take a picture of the gauge and from the scale on that I can tell you almost certainly what it is. I haven't got time, inclination or patience to go searching through on line images of this so it is up to you. - AND, for the last post, it appears that NOW you SUDDENLY think it is the actual reduction drive ! - well yes, BUT - It would be helpful if you stated that before - AND answered the questions regarding the temperature scale on the gauge - that is the third time I have said and asked for that. Please listen. ;) . Patience runs VERY thin with lack of clarity and answers to SIMPLE questions. Jeez.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

JackZ

#26 Post by JackZ »

Ah, of course if It’s a Diesel engine like for the Thielertthe data is different, and AFAIK, this kind of engine has not been modeled (yet) in XPlane.

This kind of engine is a derivative from an automotive engine with a FADEC automatic control so one uses it as a single lever operation.
It is liquid cooled (coolant temp) and has a reduction gearbox to reduce the speed of the engine to maintain the propeller in the traditional range around 2000rpm.

So yes, there is no standard Dataref to have the information, but have you checked if the add on developper have published a list of specific data refs for this?

If not, according from the Thielert engine documentation, the values of CT and GT are in the following ranges.
You might « fake them » by trying to devise a CY temperature that climbs overtime , starting from OAT (engine cold) to around 90degrees. The liquid cooling system is quite consistent, with not that much variations, except when the airflow is low or limited.
I would tie the temp to the airspeed, during the static run tests, the temperature are very likely to increase, as the CW airflow going through the heat exchanger is minimal.

Coolant temperature (CT)
Minimum engine starting temperature: .................................. -32°C
Minimum operating limit temperature: .....................................60°C Maximum operating limit temperature: ..................................105°C

Gearbox temperature is like engine oil temperature, as the gearbox is working quite hard.

Gearbox temperature (GT)
Minimum operating limit temperature: ................................... -30°C
Maximum operating limit temperature: ..................................120°C

Jacques
Last edited by JackZ on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackZ

#27 Post by JackZ »

By using the limitations table below, one can see that GT are somewhat related to engine Temp, itself related to the load in %
89562F3D-18DF-4651-9E96-887C9AB70FF9.jpeg
Jacques

Thomas Hermann

#28 Post by Thomas Hermann »

oscarDelta77 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:43 pm Hi,

Almost finished fo these ones :

CT & GT values does not exist; so i will find a rule.

Again, thanks for your great help.
Hello

Thats realy owesome. :shock:
Is it possible to share code?
Im searching for so longe time for this Gauge from Pa-28.

Best regards
Thomas

Thomas Hermann

#29 Post by Thomas Hermann »

Hi all,
Can anyone else share the code?

Best regards
Thomas

Keith Baxter

#30 Post by Keith Baxter »

Thomas Hermann wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:55 pm Hi all,
Can anyone else share the code?

Best regards
Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Members shared code and approaches throughout this thread hence the lack of appetite for a response.
Be a lot more specific what you want do and not understand. Peeps will help you dev your instrument.

I need to add. Always indicate from what SIM you are wanting help. XP12 now has datarefs for individual cylinder temps, so code request and help will vary depending on airframe and sim. I am also unsure if the new datarefs are available for the PA28

In any case. Best to ask for help on your attempt.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card