Air manager/player : what is the difference in PC consumption

Are you building a cockpit, planning to build one or just dreaming, this is your cockpit builder meeting point

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Djetdail

Air manager/player : what is the difference in PC consumption

#1 Post by Djetdail »

Hello

I'm new to Air manager and I'm going to reorganize my "cockpit desktop" to split the screens between my two PC.

The flight pc needs a maximum of the available power and I have a shuttle pc on which I installed all the addons that work in network like Swift, Aivlasoft EFB, FSGRW, XHSI...

Concerning Air manager and Air player, is there a big difference in PC power consumption?
Is it a good idea to move Air manager on the shuttle PC and install Air Player on the flight PC ?

Thanks
Have a nice day

Hervé

I use translator (deepl), sorry

jph

Re: Air manager/player : what is the difference in PC consumption

#2 Post by jph »

Djetdail wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:48 pm Hello

I'm new to Air manager and I'm going to reorganize my "cockpit desktop" to split the screens between my two PC.

The flight pc needs a maximum of the available power and I have a shuttle pc on which I installed all the addons that work in network like Swift, Aivlasoft EFB, FSGRW, XHSI...

Concerning Air manager and Air player, is there a big difference in PC power consumption?
Is it a good idea to move Air manager on the shuttle PC and install Air Player on the flight PC ?

Thanks
Have a nice day

Hervé

I use translator (deepl), sorry
Hi Hervé and welcome to the forums.
On which monitors attached to which of the PCs do you intend to display your Air Manager/Air Player panels ?. How many monitors are attached to each PC ?
The difference between air manager and air player processor usage would not be noticeable in operation. Air Manager allows you to design AND display / utilise the panels whereas air play just allows you to utilise them and not design them. So as said above there would be no noticeable difference when operating the sim between AM and AP.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Djetdail

Re: Air manager/player : what is the difference in PC consumption

#3 Post by Djetdail »

jph wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:26 pm Hi Hervé and welcome to the forums.
Merci :-)
jph wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:26 pm On which monitors attached to which of the PCs do you intend to display your Air Manager/Air Player panels ?. How many monitors are attached to each PC ?
Two screens for each pc :

- Flight pc 1 for X-plane and 1 for instruments

- Pc shuttle 1 screen for Navigraph charts and Aivlasoft EFB and one screen for Swift, Firefox, TS3, pdf docs ...

- 1 android tablet for Webfmc
jph wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:26 pm The difference between air manager and air player processor usage would not be noticeable in operation. Air Manager allows you to design AND display / utilise the panels whereas air play just allows you to utilise them and not design them. So as said above there would be no noticeable difference when operating the sim between AM and AP.
Ok thanks

In the future I will add a raspberry for digital displays, encoders, switches ...

To not overload the flight pc, I think I will manage everything with the shuttle pc and it would be more logical to transfer Air manager on the shuttle pc and install Air player on the flight pc.

It would be interesting if in the future Air manager could manage cards like the BU0836X from Bodnar because it is very easy to use these cards to connect potentiometers, switches and encoders.

Hervé