not detecting instrument panel

General company announcements

Moderators: russ, Ralph

cobra27746

not detecting instrument panel

#1 Post by cobra27746 »

I have installed AM and the plugin but i am unable to get instrument panel to show on my 12 inch monitor both the TV and monitor show the same either the background or the panel i chose, when flying i have the same screen on both. i tried the win + p system and it changes from one or both or monitor but i cannot get an active instrument panel on the monitor any ideas would be appreciated. this was my 75th birthday present that i cannot get working.

ecdcrew

Re: not detecting instrument panel

#2 Post by ecdcrew »

I will try to help you. These questions may seem obvious, as they are the basics... but lets start there.

firstly, for Air Manager to work, you cant' have BOTH monitors showing the same. Fix that.

1. Did you Launch and keep running the Air Manager app in the background?
2. Did you click "Show" (as simple as this is, the display will always be blank if you don't click "Show")
3. Under the "Window Preference Panel" make sure "do not show panel" is not checked and that the display is set to the correct monitor

4. [The tricky one] Is your monitor Scaled? Air Manager and Scaling are functional, but not friendly to each other. (we can get to this after 1,2,3)

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

@cobra27746 I suggest you start here.

https://www.forums.siminnovations.com/v ... 787#p22942

This will give you some insight and help going forward.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure what you mean with 'detecting' an instrument panel. Maybe you can show us some pictures or screenshots of the problem.

cobra27746

#5 Post by cobra27746 »

Hi, When i do win + p i have the 4 options these work, when i click duplicate the instrument panel is on both the TV and Monitor and if i click extend i only have the windows background on the TV all icons and msfs 2020 disappear. I have searched youtube all day trying to find an answer with no success.

ecdcrew

#6 Post by ecdcrew »

Is your primary monitor scaled? Find out...

cobra27746

#7 Post by cobra27746 »

The primary screen is a 50 inch TV not sure what the scale is

ecdcrew

#8 Post by ecdcrew »

50", highly likely it's scaled to help u read the fonts better.

Then your other smaller monitor is read by AM relative to that scale.

It happened to me, then I scaled both monitors to the same amount and the second monitor worked perfectly...

Right click on the desktop.
Click Display settings

Look at scaling

cobra27746

#9 Post by cobra27746 »

I have looked at scaling and changed to the recommended settings without success but as a novice to computer settings I don't want to ruin anything. May be easier to send this new second monitor back for a refund and just use the TV screen.

JackZ

#10 Post by JackZ »

Hmmm. Sounds like you told Windows to “Clone” the display, not to “extend” the display on your second monitor.
You have two identical displays right now, same icons same desktop, correct?

Please go the Windows control panel, display section, and make sure that the desktop is set to “Extended” not “Duplicate or Clone”. Then position the outlines of both monitor so their relative positions match the physical one (ie if you have one monitor on top of another, or side by side as an example)

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ