Help with using instruments with different baseplate colours

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

hucbr600

Help with using instruments with different baseplate colours

#1 Post by hucbr600 »

Hi All,

I've been using Air Manager for some time using a hybrid panel of instruments from other panels and free to use etc.

I'm just about to start building a panel to mirror my actual panel on the aircraft I fly, but I need to ask for help with some of the instrument baseplate colours.

As you know, the panel will be one single colour with the standard 3 1/2" hole where the instrument dial shows. The issue I have is when I drag instruments from other panels etc. some have different baseplate colours, grey, black, beige etc, so my completed panel looks like a patchwork quilt of instruments - spoiling the end product.

Now to the question - How do I either: (1) change the instrument baseplate colour to match the panel colour, or (2) send the instrument behind the panel and only show the instrument face etc (but keeping the knobs visible)

Eg - I want to change the Baron instrument baseplate from back to grey - I cannot find not code or other variable to do this.

Many thanks for the help, and since I'm only starting with my new panel build, I apologise for the many questions to come!

Hugh

astroseus

Re: Help with using instruments with different baseplate colours

#2 Post by astroseus »

Hi,

Is this the setting which you are looking for?
Background.png
It's in the settings of the panel itself.

Sling

Re: Help with using instruments with different baseplate colours

#3 Post by Sling »

Hi Hugh,

That is an unfortunate fact about using instruments designed by different devs usually for different aircraft. There are some similar discussions here on the forum about this. The good news is it can be fixed with a little work. My recommendation after you have done a bit of reading here is that you create versions of the instruments you want with a transparent background and then place them all on a background of your choosing.some instruments have the background as a separate instrument so this image can simply be removed but others have the background combined with the instrument bezel and will need a little graphics editing to make this work.

Hope this helps somewhat.