EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

#31 Post by Ralph »

You probably mean the TAS card, that rotates fine here in Air Manager. The clock is not going to change as mentioned, because there's no use in having the clock in the simulator displaying the same. If you really want this then you can modify the script.

aenigma

#32 Post by aenigma »

Yeah that's what I said, but no it doesn't rotate in air manager on any ASI gauges I tried. The davtron clock buttons are needed to switch between oat c/f and volts, use the timer and change between ut/lt/ft/et at least. I made a cockpit so I don't have to use the mouse, so I don't want to have to click those buttons in the game while I'm flying as that's a huge immersion breaker.

Ralph

#33 Post by Ralph »

You can connect hardware to it as far as I know. If that's what you're asking...

aenigma

#34 Post by aenigma »

The Davtron clock issue is on Asobos end as they haven't made it mappable yet as far as I know, but the TAS card seems to be an AM issue. It adjusts in the sim fine, but the card doesn't move in air manager since they don't seem to be linked for some reason. It does no good adjusting for TAS if I can't see it on my panel and have to use my mouse to look at the ASI in the sim, defeating to point of having an AM panel in the first place. I could have an Arduino used only in AM for that single thing, but I'd rather not do that.

SimPassion

#35 Post by SimPassion »

aenigma wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:36 pm The Davtron clock issue is on Asobos end as they haven't made it mappable yet as far as I know, but the TAS card seems to be an AM issue. It adjusts in the sim fine, but the card doesn't move in air manager since they don't seem to be linked for some reason. It does no good adjusting for TAS if I can't see it on my panel and have to use my mouse to look at the ASI in the sim, defeating to point of having an AM panel in the first place. I could have an Arduino used only in AM for that single thing, but I'd rather not do that.
The TAS card is rotating both in Air Manager and in MSFS independently, without any correlation between the sim and Air Manager, as already stated here : https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... 847#p40847

The only default MSFS Aircraft I found having a TAS card and the related knob are the Cessna C172 and Cessna C208B Grand Caravan
As I own also the Carenado Piper PA28R, also seen it provide it

Just checked using the Air Manager "Cessna 172 - Airspeed"

Maybe this could help to enhance the instrument on your own, it shows :

image.png

As we see the Air Manager instrument is showing the TAS card rotating, again, no action on the related in-sim ASI TAS card :

image.png
image.png

Additionally, I've made an attempt with this, however it doesn't look to do anything, I'm sure I'm missing a lot of things, as not already made lot of work on the MSFS side. Indeed it requires at least AM 4.2 (BETA 8) and related Flightsim plugins 4.1 Home Use (BETA 5) :

Code: Select all

if value == -1 then
		fs2020_rpn("(>O:_KnobAnimVar) 1 (>B:INSTRUMENT_Airspeed_Calibrator_Dec)")
	elseif value == 1 then
		fs2020_rpn("(>O:_KnobAnimVar) 1 (>B:INSTRUMENT_Airspeed_Calibrator_Inc)")
	end

Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

#36 Post by SimPassion »

These Airspeed instruments should be editable as well ...

Cessna 182 - Airspeed :

image.png

Piper PA-28 - Airspeed Dual :

image.png

Piper PA-28R-201 (Arrow III) - Airspeed :

image.png

Piper PA-34 Seneca V - Airspeed :

image.png

aenigma

#37 Post by aenigma »

Without them being linked to the sim it defeats the purpose. I found the clock works fine in the sim too, just not in air manager. If I could map my buttons and encoder in air manager without having a seperate board flashed with their software it wouldn't be a big deal.

Sling

#38 Post by Sling »

It seems your issue here revolves around the fact that you have the display and hardware split between different software. I’ve never understood why users insist on using something else for their hardware when it can all be done from within AM.

As a general thing if the sim doesn’t provide a means for control then regardless of what is doing the control it’s never going to work. It’s a long time ago now that I coded my c172 clock and ias so i’d have to check but I’m pretty sure they sync in xplane just can’t remember for MSFS without looking.

Ralph

#39 Post by Ralph »

What are you using for the hardware input?

aenigma

#40 Post by aenigma »

Sling wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:57 am It seems your issue here revolves around the fact that you have the display and hardware split between different software. I’ve never understood why users insist on using something else for their hardware when it can all be done from within AM.

As a general thing if the sim doesn’t provide a means for control then regardless of what is doing the control it’s never going to work. It’s a long time ago now that I coded my c172 clock and ias so i’d have to check but I’m pretty sure they sync in xplane just can’t remember for MSFS without looking.
Mobiflight is superior to AM for mapping. I tried it in AM and the HDG and OBS controls are way too fast with no way to change it, and I don't want to learn to code it to "fix" it when Mobiflight does it perfectly and simply. You can even scan for which encoder you're using which saves so much time. I don't understand why anyone would want to use AM over Mobiflight for controls when Mobiflight is free and AM can't even come close to touching it? I don't have to flash my Arduino with AM firmware to use the altimeter adjustment, HDG or VOR OBS, so why do I have to do that for the ASI card, EGT reference and other things? That doesn't make any sense.
Ralph wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:11 am What are you using for the hardware input?
If I'm understanding the question, I am using an Elegoo Mega 2560 which is basically an Arduino Mega 2560.