EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

#51 Post by Keith Baxter »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:00 am Here's for the TAS handling in the Cesna 172 - Airspeed
Sorry, I can't do better than this, as the in-sim card bitmap goes from 0 to 30 and the AM instrument card bitmap goes from 0 to 20 only
Well ... it works as it is ... some can do better, it would require to redraw the AM card bitmap from 0 to 30
Hi Gilles,

Did you think about using Interpolate linear? Might make the issue easier to fix. Just a thought.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ate_linear

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#52 Post by Ralph »

@aenigma to make sure that my reply doesn't get lost. What you supplied is an event to 'scroll' through the various states, not the state itself. What I will need is a variable that tells what's being displayed.

Ralph

#53 Post by Ralph »

There's L:M803_State, but that one always returns 2, no matter what. I couldn't find anything else.

aenigma

#54 Post by aenigma »

Sorry for the late reply. I had a feeling that might not be the right variable, I haven't been able to find anything either. It's too bad I couldn't just map the button press from my panel in AM without needing an Arduino specifically for it.

Ralph

#55 Post by Ralph »

Blame Microsoft :)

aenigma

#56 Post by aenigma »

Yeah, what a bummer. Been nice to just be able to push the button to switch to local time instead of uniform so I don't have to do the math haha. Also would be nice if the annunciator panel didn't always have volts lit up even when it's not low volts with the wb-sim 172, or my gauges running like a slideshow over a specific area. But hey, that's just flight simming. Another late reply again, sorry. Turns out trying to build a cockpit while also getting screwed over on ebay takes up some time. It's been one of those days... err, weeks. Thanks for the help in any case!

SimPassion

#57 Post by SimPassion »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:55 am
SimPassion wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:00 am Here's for the TAS handling in the Cesna 172 - Airspeed
Sorry, I can't do better than this, as the in-sim card bitmap goes from 0 to 30 and the AM instrument card bitmap goes from 0 to 20 only
Well ... it works as it is ... some can do better, it would require to redraw the AM card bitmap from 0 to 30
Hi Gilles,

Did you think about using Interpolate linear? Might make the issue easier to fix. Just a thought.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ate_linear

Keith
Also later reply for me, I've missed Keith's suggestion here

as already mentioned there's a bitmap discrepancy between AM instrument card bitmap and the In-Sim one, which requires a fix in AM instrument and I don't want to dig into this without that much more time ...

"the in-sim card bitmap goes from 0 to 30 and the AM instrument card bitmap goes from 0 to 20 only"

benoitg

#58 Post by benoitg »

Hello,

I buy the WBSIM Cessna witch provide L:Vars for the Clock.

L:172X_M803_TOP - DISPLAYS VOLTS, TEMP C OR F
H:OCLOCK_OAT AND L:INSTRUMENT_PUSH_CLOCK_OAT_1
H:OCLOCK_SELECT AND L:INSTRUMENT_PUSH_CLOCK_SELECT_1
H:OCLOCK_SELECT_LONG
H:OCLOCK_CONTROL AND L:INSTRUMENT_PUSH_CLOCK_CONTROL_1
H:OCLOCK_CONTROL_LONG

My dev skills are quiet limited to modify the actual script of the Clock in Air Manager to display those information.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you,