Ralph

Re: Xplane 12

#22 Post by Ralph »

jph

#23 Post by jph »

ANOTHER update to X-plane 12.

https://developer.x-plane.com/2022/03/x ... -4th-2022/

Just IMHO of course.. what a mess. Completely lost focus.

NO meaningful information about multicore usage.
Specific questions asked re multi Mon support and basically the answer is - NOTHING HAS CHANGED !
There is absolutely NOTHING there that would make me want to pay extra money - I won't say 'upgrade' as it would not be - it would simply REDUCE framerates which are, on multiple monitors - pretty abysmal anyway.. It would be a few unwanted aircraft that should totally be ADDONS ! - not wasting the time of the developers developing this crap that should be totally optional.
The lighting in XP has always been - err - pretty crap and cartoonish to say the least. It looks even worse now.
They seem to have 'slightly' improved the dull washed out green tinted appearance to the graphics but this is utterly pointless unless you can turn off all the other 'eye candy' frame rate sapping BS. By all means make it available for those that want to visit the toilets on an inflight airbus but for criz sake make it have a huge OFF button.
All they are doing is adding unneeded eye candy. The 'flight model' tweaks are pure marketing in my opinion as they will make beggar all noticeable difference in actual use.
What an utter disappointment - and this seems to be about 'it' now for development apart from the inevitable 12 to 18 month beta / bug fixes. They are digging their own ditch. If they spent 50% of the time on making the damn thing utilise the multiple cores we all have then they could add what they want afterwards. Same old stuff just re-hashed and 60% of it just new 'aircraft' that 99% will never use. They buy or use 'proper' versions from third parties.

[/RANT OFF]

Bugger me, the ONLY quality sim for cockpit builders and real enthusiasts going down the pan. SHAME on them.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

uptimist

#24 Post by uptimist »

Now Xplane 12 seems to be actually be discussing a release, if not an actual date, is there any word from SimInnovations on compatibility with Air Manager and XP12?

jph

#25 Post by jph »

The method of how AM works and interfaces to XP is not changing with XP12

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath for XP12. It will have more bugs than a severely buggy thing. WHEN it is ever released it will be to brave individuals will to beta test it. They are welcome to it for 12 months at least. Let someone else have the hassle ;)

At least they are giving a 'free' copy of XP11 to users so anyone new will have something to run when it takes their system down like a bride's nighty.... :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

We're not in any alpha program, so we have to wait for the open beta.

Keith Baxter

#27 Post by Keith Baxter »

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#28 Post by jph »

So, they have done some deals with a few hardware companies for direct support..... and... errrr.. well, nothing new at all.
What was it the guy said - the embarrassed looking one ? - "I have been instructing for 10 years or so now, I started in 2016" ........ :shock:
Talk about optimism :lol:

This is the very same guy that said everyone is doing it wrong with graphics using multiple monitors in a wrap around and we should all use a perfectly flat layout - total BS !.
now he is showing a typical training aid with the 'wrap around monitors' that - according to him a short time ago - nobody uses or SHOULD be using. I don't know what he has on Austin but it must be pretty damning. The guy is a liability.

I continue to be disappointed and amazed at the 'seemingly 'make it up as you go along' attitude by the presenters and the totally chaotic path of XP development.
It is STILL the best simulator on the market BY FAR in my opinion (XP 11 that is), but it is missing massive opportunities. They should have made the engine work with multiple cores effectively and then built on that.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#30 Post by SimPassion »

Less than 24 hours for Takeoff ...