AM 4.x Road-map

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: AM 4.x Road-map

#21 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm Unless there is something urgent off course.
Corjan
Yes. :D

Like a vector map, weather radar data and synthetic simulation.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith

Sorry for joking but gives a thought...

Oh, is that what you refer to in "Filtering down" ? Maps,weather and synthetic simulation??
drunk-dancing.gif
drunk-dancing.gif (769.37 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
The SI guys really try hard and are top of the class. I know you (SI) guys have tried and your efforts are truly appreciated.
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

We don't have the intent to discontinue version 3 for example. Corjan is a game collector, more and more games are becoming downloads, so he knows how annoying this is :lol:
The files from version 2 were removed from the server, but we still offer them as a download for customers and since it has no license, they can still use it.

We have lots of plans, but in the end the business is often driven by projects. Which means that things we had in mind, are pushed aside. The good thing though, is that often features from these projects, trickle down into Air Manager. Touch, persistence and inter instrument communication for example, were developed for a project.

The plan is to release 4.1 this year, within a few weeks. And of course we will continue to do bug fixes, and I am sure that there will be a version 4.2, etc... There might again be a new 'project feature' coming up, but we're not allowed to say anything about it at this moment.

Keith Baxter

#23 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:34 pm There might again be a new 'project feature' coming up, but we're not allowed to say anything about it at this moment.
Paparazzo and Paparazza say thank you for the invitation.. :mrgreen:

Going to be difficult to keep a secret. Why not spill the been's now and save loads of speculation. ;)

I will start a new fun speculation thread just to spice things up a bit. :mrgreen:
Might be a good indicator and give all those peeps that think they they know your business. :lol: :lol:

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#24 Post by Ralph »

We're bound to contracts, so I rather not spill anything :)

Keith Baxter

#25 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:12 pm We're bound to contracts, so I rather not spill anything :)
ATTENTION
This room is fullfilled mit special electronische equippment.
Fingergrabbing and pressing the cnoeppkes from the computers is allowed for die experts only!
So all the "lefthanders" stay away and do not disturben the brainstorming von here working intelligencies.
Otherwise you will be out thrown and kicked anderswhere!
Also: please keep still and only watchen astaunished the blinkenlights.

:D

Yeah, Awesome guys. Wish you well and hope you hard work bears fruit. Appreciate what you do for us providing a great product
Keith

No doubt others will be attracted to this bit of air....

https://youtu.be/iU9AdWVQkH4

Is this you talking @Corjan LOL

The video is intended bring some suggestions to some realistic hardware features

https://youtu.be/9c8k-g2mn9w
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Witzman

#26 Post by Witzman »

Blinkenlights?
Let me add this german piece of art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZRUtKY ... imPritlove

Keith Baxter

#27 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi SI guys,

The year end holidays are nearing and I am sure all AM users would like to have a stable AM4.1 to play with over these times when you guys are enjoying time with your families and loved ones.

Please can we have a new AM4.1 a week or so before you close down for the break. This to allow for any bugs and fixes that might arise to be fixed.

Keith

Ralph

#28 Post by Ralph »

We're testing and fixing some minor issues. I think we should be able to release next week, if we don't run into too much trouble. We might need a 4.1.2 to tackle some stuff like the MAX7219 displays.

Keith Baxter

#29 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:21 pm We're testing and fixing some minor issues. I think we should be able to release next week, if we don't run into too much trouble. We might need a 4.1.2 to tackle some stuff like the MAX7219 displays.
Ralph,

Yes that would be awesome and thank you for pushing through. I am sure most will appreciate.
As a suggestion. If there is a known bug, state so that users are aware. I posted something similar previously. It indicates that SI has a awareness and is working on a solution.
We understand that within software, there will always be bugs and issues.

Whilst one wants to produce perfection. Do not let that hinder progression. Acknowledge the little bugs.

WE UNDERSTAND.

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#30 Post by Ralph »

Known issues so far:
  • Problems with MAX7219 in a chain (will be fixed in a later version)
  • When changing the type of hardware with the same name, it will remember the first set type of hardware in the Create/Edit tab (not sure if we're ever gonna do anything about this, but it is on the list)
  • Code editor jumps down while typing in some cases (will be fixed in a later version)
  • Not possible to search by GSA number in Flight Illusion instruments (will be fixed with 4.1 release)
  • DIY Knobster does not work when configured the first time, software has to be rebooted (already fixed or will be fixed in 4.1 release)
  • Air Manager crashes when removing the Knobster (device) while having a panel running with the Knobster selected (will be fixed with 4.1 release)
  • There might be an issue with many subscribes to FS2020, still have to investigate
We're not ready with testing, so there might be some more issues coming up, like Arduino's.