Formula 1 .....

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Formula 1 .....

#31 Post by jph »

Hi Keith, ;)
I fully stand by my last post re hamilton. His 'politics' are pure PR/BS. The only person he is interested in is himself. See how he dodged the two PR issues raised in the post qualifying interviews :). Especially the one relating to where he will soon be racing.. oops.
He did put in a good lap yesterday and that has only fuelled more issues from Ferrari, RB and Renault as to the legality of the ICE in hamitons car.
If he continues at the pace he is at (that the ICE is giving him) then it is big trouble for RB. I expect some great elbows out stuff today which should be fun. :lol:
The ICE issue is another repeat of Ferrari 2019.
ps, the only GOAT here is you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
oh, and the after quali team principles meeting with TW and CH it was hilarious. one nil to CH with the line about visiting TW at xmas. It was something like "I won't be visiting him at xmas - but I might take my kids to see him if he is in panto" rotflmfao. Classic.
The rear wing isn't an issue and has been fixed, at least it is fully legal - cough :lol:
Should be fun and I think the next few weeks between races will be making the headlines with technical regs.
Joe. :)

Oh, and just for you - (I have posted it before but you may need a recap :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2E7LB ... sephWatson
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#32 Post by jph »

Well, another good race but could have done with a few more elbows out moves. Glad to see Fernando on the podium after all this time.
hamilton is still running an 'improbable' ICE. I look forward to some developments over the next few weeks with the various RFCs that seem to be being submitted :)
I am surprised they boxed Perez when they did.. but, without the VSC it appears he would probably have passed fernando or at least been up his chuff. :mrgreen:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#33 Post by jph »

This guy is amazing - superb impressionist :lol:

Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#34 Post by Keith Baxter »

Looks like we are in for a treat this weekend.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#35 Post by jph »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:28 am Looks like we are in for a treat this weekend.
Absolutely. I was even impressed with hamilton yesterday and that is saying something ;). When he just concentrates on driving and stops playing 'Billy big bollocks' and trying to falsely play the part of a latter day Martin Luther King then he gets far more respect. Stick to being a driver ! :D .. Seb gave a master class of getting a point across in a totally subtle and gentlemanly way. Anyway, I digress. He is driving at his peak and keeping his gob shut so credit to him.
Max did a stunning run on the hard compound straight out of the gate. Brand new track and surface. He absolutely thrashed it like a boss with no hesitation. That takes utter commitment and confidence. The RB looks better balanced on the medium and hards but was still impressive on the softs. P3 long run simulations and quali will tell us a lot as P2 was curtailed with Mr 'sorry guys' and his RUD (Rapid unscheduled disassembly) of the Ferrari.
First casualty was, as said above, Charles 'sorry guys' Le Clerc. I am sure there will be many more and lots of safety cars. (probably no VSCs)

I actually think the track is bordering on dangerous Keith. Seriously. It is not so much the issue with 'coming off' - meaning crashing / hitting the barriers, it is more about being bounced back onto the track into on coming traffic like Anthoine Hubert's horrendous F2 incident at Spa in 2019 which unfortunately resulted in his death. It wasn't the first crash that killed him, it was being t-boned by JM Correa after bouncing back onto the race / run off area and that was at 135MPH, not 200MPH ! - and there are virtually NO run off areas here.
I am not convinced that very high speed barriered circuits are actually a good idea, but, we will see. There are some seriously blind very high speed corners / bends here. When Hamilton came around one of the high speed corners in P2 to find 3 slow cars in a line and another ahead on the racing line it was only by skill that he didn't become a statistic. It will be frightening in Quali me thinks. Even the English commentators and F1 world champion Damon Hill were shocked when seeing that. You could hear the shock and slight panic in his voice and Damon is one cool dude.

Several of the drivers from Hubert's race are now racing here in F1 - Nicholas Latifi, Nikita Mazepin and Mick Schumacher for example. I am sure there will be some nightmares resurfacing for those guys.
I think things got a bit lax up until Jules Bianchi's fatal crash at Suzuka four years before Hubert. That was the first fatality in F1 since Senna in 1994 and led to the incredible changes in safety car rules. Jules ran into a 14,000 Kg forklift truck clearing a car from a corner. The impact actually lifted that truck into the air. This also led to the Halo being introduced.
None of these though can stop a 'bounce back onto the track' accident at crazy high speeds. Fingers crossed all is ok.
Street circuits are fantastic however I don't think extremely high speed street circuits are 'safe' for the reasons above.
Let's hope it's a cracking race weekend. I sure hope so. I think this will be a race of safety cars and tyres. Many new fans to F1 (not like us old buggers) probably don't actually realise just HOW dangerous and unforgiving this sport is. I hope they don't get a lesson on the realities this weekend. :(
Joe

As a footnote for fairly new fans of F1 - the forces involved in an F1 crash are simply unbelievable. The structure can usually withstand more than the driver. The following video is of Jules Bianchi's fatal crash at Suzuka in 2015. Content WARNING - This incident resulted in fatal injuries to Jules. You can see the first car to come off the track and the race was not stopped as the safety car rules as they exist today were not in place!. Whilst clearing the first car they allowed the race to carry on and unfortunately Jules also came off at the same corner and hit the extremely large forklift unit lifting it from the ground and moving it a considerable distance as Jule's car went underneath the forklift !. That forklift weighs around 14 THOUSAND Kilograms !!!!!. It is actually possible that even with the mind blowing horrendous forces such as this, that Jules 'may' have survived with the Halo. The later accident in 2019 in F2 with Anthoine Hubert at Spa was absolutely not survivable due to where the car was hit. It all looks so 'forgiving' on TV sometimes, but rest assured it is far from that. It is a very very dangerous sport and these guys are the very best in the world at what they do. The video also shows some incidents prior to the 2015 fatal crash that involved F1 cars and other non race vehicles due to not properly stopping or slowing the racing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utd_BAO ... sarabalost
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#36 Post by Keith Baxter »

What a soapbox. Is this real with all the controversies.

Going to be epic tomorrow.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#37 Post by jph »

Bloody amazing, that last lap by max was stunning.. apart from the obvious ... :) it is simply amazing the balls these guys have.
Going to be a corker.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#38 Post by jph »

@Keith Baxter
Hey Keith, I just watched the quick interviews after quali, Hell, all the top three were so pumped up with adrenaline their voices were quivering. I have never seen 3 F1 guys like that. That circuit must make their arseholes clamp like a tie-wrap. Did you also see the respect on toto's face for max?, no cheering,no table banging, even bono on the radio to Lewis as they waited for max to finish, he was totally full of respect for that lap that max did. I think the bullshit has finally finished now and they are all being true professional sportsmen. I seriously think that track has brought home to them all just how bloody amazing these guys and cars are. I have never seen an F1 session that was so real and shockingly quick and dangerous at the same time. Respect to them all. As they say, when the flag drops the bullshit stops. Whichever way it goes I think this season will go down as one of the greatest ever, and, that is with 2 races to go. There was more excitement today in practice and quali than in a hell of a lot of other complete race weekends.
Just today was one of the best days of the whole season and I say that even though my main man came 3rd for grid place. Bloody amazing performance by all of them. Hats off to them. :o
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#39 Post by Keith Baxter »

The game is on. :twisted:

This one put on some smiles and shows just how intense the competition is. I am loving it.
Going to end in tears for someone....
ice_screenshot_20211206-015411.png

Keith

jph

#40 Post by jph »

:lol: excellent.
Most fun I have had in ages ... :mrgreen:

Compare Christian to the man who doesn't get stressed - according to himself...

Here's one for you.. fill in the blanks .

In heated discussions post-race, ________ revealed his disgust with ___'s tactics, publicly slamming ___ as "disgusting....and a man without value"

;) Oh the memories.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.