Submissions update

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Submissions update

#21 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:46 pm I will check, but the last time I checked I could not find any new hardware functions in our Git repository.
No rush Ralph, Just wondering what happened.

Keith.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#22 Post by Ralph »

The number of functions in our repository is even one less than the number online. Which means that they have most probably never been committed to our Git, so I will have to forward you to Tony :)

Keith Baxter

#23 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:28 pm The number of functions in our repository is even one less than the number online. Which means that they have most probably never been committed to our Git, so I will have to forward you to Tony :)
Ok,

He sure will see this and revert. No worries. As long as your system is not broke. It can be fixed if all is lost by a resubmit. @Ralph @Sling In fact I will resubmit all of them Then we start over. There are some interesting new ones in the pipeline.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#24 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Question for @Corjan please.
This is not totally OT so I thought I ask the question here.

I want to submit hardware instruments. But not just the code. I want to include a readme.txt with some instructions, A few .siff files to 3D print or CNC/lazier . A .SVG file for text engraving. A Gerber file for a PCB etc etc.

This is so that peeps can build there own instrument or just use the AM hardware instrument code.

Would including these files in the instrument folder cause issues? If so, then can we please have a folder that is ignored by the AM instrument loading process .

Hopefully AM ignores these files anyway and we are good to go.

I suppose I am going to be told there will be a store memory issue. Please do not disappoint. :D

Keith

Sling

#25 Post by Sling »

Yep they are coming. Was about to upload and then a few more came in. Perhaps I should consider a cutoff regardless of what’s in the queue but sometimes in makes sense to wait and collect a few more. Will try to complete this upload Wednesday.

Keith Baxter

#26 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I took an instrument and added a few files to see what would happen. Both AM and the instrument seemed to run without issues. However I would still like confirmation if it is OK to do this.

Keith

Corjan

#27 Post by Corjan »

Keith Baxter wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:46 pm Hi,

Question for @Corjan please.
This is not totally OT so I thought I ask the question here.

I want to submit hardware instruments. But not just the code. I want to include a readme.txt with some instructions, A few .siff files to 3D print or CNC/lazier . A .SVG file for text engraving. A Gerber file for a PCB etc etc.

This is so that peeps can build there own instrument or just use the AM hardware instrument code.

Would including these files in the instrument folder cause issues? If so, then can we please have a folder that is ignored by the AM instrument loading process .

Hopefully AM ignores these files anyway and we are good to go.

I suppose I am going to be told there will be a store memory issue. Please do not disappoint. :D

Keith
Hi,

You already know what I am going to say ;)
The files you propose are probably not needed by 95% of the people. It would be a waste of disk space and bandwith to download them.

I think Ralph created some kind of database for information like this, but I think that died a slow death and got removed eventually.

Corjan

Corjan

#28 Post by Corjan »

AM would simply ignore files that it doesn't need.
It is down to Tony to spot the delta's and remove them.

Corjan

Sling

#29 Post by Sling »

Corjan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:12 am AM would simply ignore files that it doesn't need.

Corjan
No pressure :lol:

Keith Baxter

#30 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:12 am AM would simply ignore files that it doesn't need.

Corjan
Hi,

How did you know I knew what you were going to say? :lol:

I will send one through to Tony and let him have a look at it and see if it is worth the trouble and something peeps would appreciate. Might start a drive or GitHub or something. Problem is to keep it updated else it would die a slow death.

Keith