Submissions update

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

cyberguerro

Re: Submissions update

#51 Post by cyberguerro »

Hi @Sling , I think there is an issue with Boeing 737-800X - Z_2D_XP - MCDU CAPT & FO - FULL: No background image like previous version.
Could you verify that the image file referenced by panel is present on the store?
I've tested in on all my 4 android tablets with all identical result: no background image, only buttons and display.
It should be like preview image instead.

Sincerely
Claudio

Sling

#52 Post by Sling »

I can confirm it is fine on the desktop version. I did notice however that because this is a legacy one it has file names that use capital letters and this will need fixing for the next update. I’m not sure if this is what’s causing your issue though as this was likely the same for the previous version.

Ralph

#53 Post by Ralph »

Hmm then I will have to manually change that. Windows does not bother about changing capital letters.

cyberguerro

#54 Post by cyberguerro »

Thank you Ralph, I'll wait your manually correction ;)

Sling

#55 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:13 am Hmm then I will have to manually change that. Windows does not bother about changing capital letters.
I have a few questions.

I’m curious as to why the previous version didn’t have this issue. Has something else changed that could of had an effect on this?

Is the Android version definitely one of those that needs everything lower case?

Are there other versions that also need lower case for everything?

Some free font names use capitals so are we also expecting those to be changed?

Ralph

#56 Post by Ralph »

It might be that the script was changed to lower case. Example:
If you have two files with the same, e.g. My_file.png and my_file.png
When copying the my_file.png over the My_file.png, Windows does not change it to my_file.png, it will keep the capital letter(s). The only way to change this, is by removing the My_file.png from the folder and then paste in the my_file.png

On Windows this is no issue, it does not care about capital letters. But on Linux/Unix systems (so also Android and iOS) it does matter, it can't find that exact file. It can be My_file.png, that's fine, but you will have to write My_file.png in your script to make it work.

SimPassion

#57 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:13 am Hmm then I will have to manually change that. Windows does not bother about changing capital letters.
As it's already some time ago things have been fixed for the MCDU lowercase both on filenames and in the script, I guess, after the new instrument have been positively reviewed by Tony, following the submission, there's the need in the workflow, to not perform overwrite actions, but rather in place, delete the previous folder and paste the newer into the Online Store repository for Android devices (it looks like it the same repository as for desktop, so performing a delete and then paste newer will prevent any similar issue)

Gilles

Ralph

#58 Post by Ralph »

I would be glad to do that, but I will need that information :) Like I mentioned before, I cannot compare all the file names on disk and script, that would take me hours.

I will check it for this instrument somewhere today.

Sling

#59 Post by Sling »

Ok I get what’s happening. If I’m just changing the odd file I change the file name by adding an extra character and then rename again back to what it should be but in lowercase. The issue obviously is related to the windows file explorer that does the mass overwrite. It overwrites the file but does not update the case of matching filenames.

Sorry about this Gilles. I’ll search out the corrected one.

If anyone else is updating an existing instrument and one of the changes is fixing the filenames to lowercase please make a special note in the submission notes so we know to delete the old one first.

Thanks

cyberguerro

#60 Post by cyberguerro »

Great, @Sling or @Ralph let me know when you have done so I can test on my tablets.

Claudio