One simple line..

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

2gig

One simple line..

#1 Post by 2gig »

So I have been having trouble connecting my iPad to the flight simulator, and as a dutiful Silicon Valley citizen, I looked at and printed out the wiki, followed the instructions, worked with the firewall, adjusted DNS, etc.

NOWHERE does it say the thing doesn't work with Flight Simulator 2020. ONE. SIMPLE. LINE. would have saved me an hour.

I have been a flight simmer for a long time, so I get that FSX doesn't mean what it would to a professional software engineer - it does not mean FS____ to include 2020. But lots of casual users will miss that and assume the X means 2020 as well.
I am guilty of assuming the software would run on the eagerly awaited update to the grandfather of all flight sims games, and that' s on me. To be fair, I also don't check the gas pump at my local Arco to see if the gasoline will work in Fords. I kinda make the assumption.

But to leave compatibility out of the troubleshooting is silly.

Ralph

Re: One simple line..

#2 Post by Ralph »

2gig

#3 Post by 2gig »

I discovered that and have been enjoying the beta! They did good work (though full disclosure when I couldn't get the original app to work it led me to discover Foreflight).

My point was wouldn't it be super simple to put on the troubleshooting page: Using FS2020? Go here.

When you load the bridge software, the SI sofware says it's installed the plugin for FS2020, further confusing people.

But thanks for the link - I'm enjoying it.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

2gig wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:43 pm
I am guilty of assuming the software would run on the eagerly awaited update to the grandfather of all flight sims games, and that' s on me. To be fair, I also don't check the gas pump at my local Arco to see if the gasoline will work in Fords. I kinda make the assumption.
Hi, ;)
Firstly, I have absolutely no idea what an 'arco' is.... but... that aside..

The 'ford' (found on road - dead) analogy is seriously flawed. My Wife has a Fiat Panda, I drive a Land Rover Freelander. BOTH vehicles are available with different engine options, either petrol (Gasoline) or Diesel. My wife's Fiat happens to be Petrol, My Land Rover happens to be Diesel. I don't 'presume' and never should that the FIAT or the LAND ROVER take the same type of fuel. . :o :shock: :?
It is the same for 90% of vehicles in the EU (the developed free world haha) :mrgreen: ;) :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.