#1 Post by Ruski »

I have been waiting 3 months,

jph

Re: FIX the god damn app or mass refund

#2 Post by jph »

FIX the god damn app or mass refund
#1 Post by Ruski » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 am

I have been waiting 3 months,
I am 100% certain your succinctly worded post will illicit an appropriate and indeed comforting response. :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ruski

#3 Post by Ruski »

JPH, I had couple drinks, my comfort level is low after I was tweaking my firewall settings before finding out that this does not with FS2020.
A sticky on top in this forum would help and disclaimer in app store, instead of fine print bottom of app store page.
FS2020 is latest and greatest and not some obscure software.
I bet there are couple of hundred people that paid for this app to use with FS2020.
Good night everybody I will see myslef out

bartroozendaal

#4 Post by bartroozendaal »

Fwiw, I have use the beta with fs2020 for some time now, and it works fine for my basic usage. I am using bit locker as a firewall and anti virus package. I need to disable the bit locker firewall to use fs2020, but that is unrelated to airmanager. Am crashes on me every now and again, but simply restarting it does the trick.

I too paid for the app, in anticipation of the v4 release and would like it sooner rather than later. However, I read at many forums that the sdk of fs2020 is not yet up to par with the competition d many suppliers are holding back with releasing anything.

So,habe another drink, ask your questions nicely, and I'm sure peeps will oblige to help you out. 😂😎

Cheers.
Bart Roozendaal
https://fsarduino.com

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Ruski wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:31 am JPH, I had couple drinks, my comfort level is low after I was tweaking my firewall settings before finding out that this does not with FS2020.
A sticky on top in this forum would help and disclaimer in app store, instead of fine print bottom of app store page.
FS2020 is latest and greatest and not some obscure software.
I bet there are couple of hundred people that paid for this app to use with FS2020.
Good night everybody I will see myslef out
HI Ruski,
Many people say things in the spur of the moment that are later regretted - especially after a few glasses of the amber nectar :| - and I appreciate your candid reply. I have certainly been there, done that, got the tee shirt. :shock:
I know it doesn't mentions FS2020 at all, but I can appreciate the fact that you overlooked that can lead to frustration on your part. At least now you know.
Sim Innovations products are simply the best on the market as far as I am concerned. At least you are now aware of the fact that support for fs2020 was never offered.
I wish you well.
The one thing I must add - and not trying to rub salt into the wounds is that FS2020 is not, imho - and many many others the 'latest and greatest' by a long long way. It is unfinished, in reality still in mid beta and buggy as hell. It has an unfinished SDK - by a long way.
I would love it to be the best thing ever.... but... Microsoft has the history, and track record, of hype, disappointment and then abandonment. An inverse Robin Hood. Rob from the great unwashed, keep the procedes and disappear into the darkness whilst rubbing their hands together.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

MSFS may well be the latest but one thing is for sure it certainly is not the greatest. If there was high confidence in it and it was technically a joy we would all be using it and raving about it and I’m sure support for it would be abound. The current situation tells you what you need to know. If you feel like blaming someone look in MIcrosoft’s direction.
Last edited by Sling on Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruski

#7 Post by Ruski »

bartroozendaal wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:44 am So,habe another drink, ask your questions nicely, and I'm sure peeps will oblige to help you out. 😂😎
Cheers.
So habe ich gemacht... btw, that hidden cellar is super cool ;)

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

I've said it here on the forums before, nowhere in the description does it say that it is compatible with FS2020. So I'm not sure where you get the idea from that we should do a mass refund. We don't do any false advertising. It's just the fact that people are too lazy to read (so am I to be honest) and an import saying to remember: 'Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups'

There's an iPad beta with FS2020 support, we'll publish some instructions how to get it soon, and eventually it will come as a release version. You just need some patience...

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

If you would like, you can use the iPad BETA version. That one has FS2020 support.

Here is the god damn link: ;)
https://testflight.apple.com/join/f81FJgKN

Corjan

Ruski

#10 Post by Ruski »

Corjan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:32 pm If you would like, you can use the iPad BETA version. That one has FS2020 support.
Here is the god damn link: ;)
https://testflight.apple.com/join/f81FJgKN
Corjan
Gentleman, you are all god damn too nice ;)
Thanks for the ipad link, in the mean time I have downloaded V4 beta for PC, so I have this going, I might go this route as 13.3" USB powered monitor looks nicer than Ipad .
@Ralph, sorry my man, I am millennial child of instant gratification. Yesterday just was my culmination of disappointment, waiting, needless tinkering fueled by 4 drinks.
You are doing Gods work.

Thank you again.