*** FIXED sort of*** HSI GS help FS2020 with GSN530

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

brlowe

*** FIXED sort of*** HSI GS help FS2020 with GSN530

#1 Post by brlowe »

So I have been working on an Air Manager panel for the FS2020 Mooney M20R and I have it working 95% but I cannot get the Glide Slope on the HSI to work. Driving me nuts.
I'm using the stock KI525A HSI in my panel and have tried a couple things that made no difference so I think I'm in the wrong place.
Any chance someone code look at the LUA for that instrument and point me in the direction why it would not work with the GSN 530 for NAV?
Everything seams to work except the glide slope.

***EDIT***. See my last post for the fix.
Last edited by brlowe on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

Re: HSI GS help FS2020 with GSN530

#2 Post by Sling »

Search the forum. There was an issue with the glide slope that a user posted a video to demonstrate. It did get fixed and from memory the update was attached to that thread. I doubt it’s made it to the online list just yet.

brlowe

#3 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:05 am Search the forum. There was an issue with the glide slope that a user posted a video to demonstrate. It did get fixed and from memory the update was attached to that thread. I doubt it’s made it to the online list just yet.
I searched "Glideslope", "Glide Slope" and "HSI" and found a few threads but nothing that helped me. I may have missed the part to help but did not see it.
In my panel I do have a normal VOR/ILS gauge hooked up to NAV2 and the glide slope works great in that gauge, it is just the HSI. I might try a normal VOR/ILS gauge hooked to the GPS and see if that works and narrow it down to the HSI or to eh GPS outputs.
So I can try and help myself can someone tell me how can I track or watch for variables coming from FS2020 in Air Manager? Do I need the names first or is there a way to get a list?

brlowe

#4 Post by brlowe »

Did some more trouble shooting.
I added a second VOR/ILS indicator and tied it to NAV1 the GNS530 and I switched the HSI to NAV2 which is a KX155 I think.
Did a flight and the new VOR/ILS indicator worked perfect with the Glide Slope. VOR/ILS on NAV2 also worked perfect.
The HSI now on NAV2 tracked right and left deviation just like the other indicator but again no Glide Slope so there is something wrong with the HSI so that is where I need to focus as everything else looks like it is working fine.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

When I get a minute I’ll see if I can find the thread I was thinking of.

brlowe

#6 Post by brlowe »

So I had posted over on the MSFS form about this and one person said they had a working one right from Air Manager beta. So I had him export it and I tried it out and it worked.
I took a look at the Lua file and the working KI525A is Rev 1.2. The non working gauge is Rev 1.35. So something is broken in the newer version. I plan on doing a good compare of the logic files but there are a number of differences.

Sling

Re: *** FIXED sort of*** HSI GS help FS2020 with GSN530

#7 Post by Sling »

I found the thread I was thinking of. There are modifications posted there so perhaps that will shed some light on the differences. What the other user has may of been taken directly from the forum and any revised instrument hasn’t made it to the online instruments yet. Either that or an update was done and it broke some functionality. Please note there are some different versions of this from different developers.

brlowe

#8 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:57 am I found the thread I was thinking of. There are modifications posted there so perhaps that will shed some light on the differences. What the other user has may of been taken directly from the forum and any revised instrument hasn’t made it to the online instruments yet. Either that or an update was done and it broke some functionality. Please note there are some different versions of this from different developers.
Do you have a link to the thread you found so I can take a look?

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

Apologises I was sure I’d pasted the link into my last post but obviously not.
Here it is.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/view ... HSI#p30452

brlowe

#10 Post by brlowe »

Sling wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:36 pm Apologises I was sure I’d pasted the link into my last post but obviously not.
Here it is.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/view ... HSI#p30452
Thank you