Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Garmin G5 with Reality XP GNS 430W

#21 Post by Ralph »

Done!

uptimist

#22 Post by uptimist »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:36 amDone!
Looks good now, many thanks for that Ralph!

uptimist

#23 Post by uptimist »

Hi, has something changed in the G5 code?

The GPS bearing pointer has gone off again. It appears to be pointing just to the relative bearing, rather than the actual bearing. So if I'm pointed straight at the waypoint, it reads N regardless of my heading.

Cheers!

Ralph

#24 Post by Ralph »

Yes it seems I've broken something for FSX / Prepar3D. Won't be until next week before I can check it.
No internet here in the office at the moment, I'm on 4G/5G.

uptimist

#25 Post by uptimist »

OK thanks Ralph. I'm on XP11 (and fibre :D ). I was hoping to do a bit of single needle hold practice before IR revalidation next Tuesday...

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

Uh... nothing changed on the X-Plane side. All changes that were done were MSFS only.

uptimist

#27 Post by uptimist »

Hmmm…could it have been a while back or something which crossed over? I haven’t used the sim for a few months. GPS bearing pointer is definitely behaving differently (and not like it should). It’s missing the heading component and is behaving like a pure RBI.

Ralph

#28 Post by Ralph »

That part hasn't been touched since the beginning. You're also the only one with this. Maybe a setting in the RealityXP menu?

uptimist

#29 Post by uptimist »

Ralph wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:26 am That part hasn't been touched since the beginning. You're also the only one with this. Maybe a setting in the RealityXP menu?
I’m pretty sure I haven’t changed anything my end. I can’t thing of any RXP setting which would do this. If I look at the variables in the viewer that I presume you are using as before* they look good, so it seems like RXP and XP are supplying the correct values. But the G5 bearing pointer is just showing the raw value of gps_relative_bearing_deg. You kindly made a fix for this back in January to get it correct for a different error, but something seems to have gone awry since then.

For example looking at my screen now, with:

sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/heading_AHARS_deg_mag_pilot = 74.6
sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/gps_relative_bearing_deg = -31

The gps bearing pointer shows 329 degrees (I.E. -31), but it should show 044 degrees ((74.6-31+360)%360)

The VOR bearing pointer is working fine still.

* With heading_mag being "sim/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/heading_AHARS_deg_mag_pilot", "FLOAT",
and gps_relative_bearing_deg "sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/gps_relative_bearing_deg", "FLOAT".