A solution to control G1000 and other avionics in MSFS 2020

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ylevesque

A solution to control G1000 and other avionics in MSFS 2020

#1 Post by ylevesque »

Unfortunately, Simconnect events are not yet available in MSFS 2020 to control avionics as G1000, GTX 530, etc.
But there is a solution: Mobiflight has created a WASM module that allow access to many events for G1000, G3000, GTX580, KAP140, M803, GNS530, GNS430, KR87, KT76C.
And it works in Air Manager 4.0 BETA.
The module is still in beta. To install it:
Go to https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobifl ... rc/master/
Download zip file by pressing Download on the left.
Extract MSFS2020-module/mobiflight-event-module to your community folder.
The event list is in MSFS2020-module/mobiflight-event-module/modules/events.txt. "Mobiflight." should be added before each event. Ex. fs2020_event("MobiFlight.AS1000_PFD_SOFTKEYS_1")

I have created and adapted many Air Manager instruments for MSFS 2020.
You can access them at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Look at readme.txt.

Look at my recent Air Manager post "A workaround to save size and position of Pop-up instruments in MSFS 2020" (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4164) to use MSFS pop up instruments with overlays.

This is still early works. Comments are welcome.
Yves
Attachments
Mobiflight events.txt
(10.37 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Last edited by ylevesque on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rothas2k

Re: A solution to control G1000 and other avionics in MSFS 2020

#2 Post by rothas2k »

Monsieur Yves, thank you so much for sharing your instruments. You have become one of my favourite people in the world today 😊. I will give them a try tonight.

Just wanted to ask, are they fully functional? There are some other efforts made with. good results, just wanted to know if I should cross-polenate them with yours.

One other thing, the Mobiflight module can be obtained on its own from Github, no need to install the whole program.

Thanks again, cheers.

ylevesque

#3 Post by ylevesque »

Thanks for the information.
Effectively the module is available directly from https://bitbucket.org/mobiflight/mobif ... rc/master/
There is even an updated version with A320Neo FBW support.
I will updated my initial post.
Event list is in mobiflight-event-module\modules\events.txt

For what I know, my overlays behave as in MSFS cockpit.

Helibrewer

#4 Post by Helibrewer »

Awesome work, I have been putting together some of these myself, you are saving me a ton of time!!

doog

#5 Post by doog »

Great work! thanks Yves

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

We've been doing some research yesterday on how they pull it off. Here's what we think is happening:
They receive their own events trough SimConnect, e.g. Mobiflight.AS1000_PFD_BARO_INC. This is received by FS2020, but FS2020 doesn't do anything with it, because it is not a genuine event. But... their WASM module is able to send the AS1000_PFD_BARO_INC to the 'legacy part' of the flight sim, were apparently the events are picked up by the sim. So the WASM module doesn't communicate with the outside so to speak. Because this isn't possible with WASM, at least at the moment. It is a work-around trick which works. The real, proper solution would be that Asobo / Microsoft fixes their crap and makes the events work with SimConnect, as is implied in their SDK.

ylevesque

#7 Post by ylevesque »

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Accessing Lvars isn't the problem, we can do that as well. The problem is getting the data out of the WASM plugin into Air Manager.

mmaitre

#9 Post by mmaitre »

To control RealSimGear GNS430 with Air Manager using Mobiflight.

Jon_H

#10 Post by Jon_H »

Hi Yves,

EDIT: SOLVED...sort of...I think it was caused by a conflict with Spad.NEXT that does some of the same as MobiFlight with the variables. So I'm thinking maybe a conflict when they both try to hook into the same sim variables. When I wait with starting Spad.NEXT to after sim and AM4 panels have loaded, the AM4 panels are working...now I just hope that doesn't mean that my Spad.NEXT configurations stop working.

Your work is much appreciated, but I'm hoping for a bit of help here, because I simply cannot get it to work. I'm trying to setup a "simple" C172 dashboard on my two 15.4" dashboard monitors. All the regular steam gauges etc. work just fine with both touch screen and knobster. But the GNS 530 and 430, transponder etc. is sending nothing through to the sim by the looks of it. I get the click sound which I'm guessing is from the the AM instrument, but nothing happens in the sim.

I have installed the MobiFlight module into my Community folder as instructed and restarted the sim (many times), and I have imported the .siff files from your google drive share into my Air Manager 4.0 beta and added them to my panel.

I'm not unfamiliar with coding and interfaces, and this seems like such a simple thing, but I just cannot get it to work???

What could I be missing?

Thanks,
Jon