AM Paste 2.2 API helper app

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

russ

AM Paste 2.2 API helper app

#1 Post by russ »

AMPaste is a little app I made that can sit on your desktop and provide quick access to the API functions without repeated returns to the Wiki to copy and paste. The video below shows it in operation and explains its use. Links to download the app (Windows and Mac) is also below.

I highly suggest using Notepad++ as your Lua editor...it's free at the link below:

Notepad++ Download Link

Explanation of the add-on to highlight Air Manager API functions in Notepad++ is in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=199

Here is a dropbox link to the Windows version of AMPaste(.zip archive):

AMPaste 2.2 Windows Download

And I also compiled a Mac version which is here:

AMPaste 2.2 MacOS Download

Post any questions, corrections, or feedback in this thread.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

JackZ

Re: AM Paste 2.2 API helper app

#2 Post by JackZ »

Very neat tool Russ!

May I suggest your post to be sticky, so it is not eventually burried in the forum and will always be available for newcomers?

IMHO some posts are valuable and should be made "sticky", such as parts of code, libraries and tips and tricks.
Maybe a special category for this should be made?

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

docjl

#3 Post by docjl »

Well done Russ ! It's a very convenient tool.

Just a suggestion to improve it : why not make a little button with a "?" in front of each line (like that :?: ); one clic can open the related index on siminnovation/wiki. To refresh our memory when it's an item who's not frequently use.
For exemple "ext_variable_subscribe" button opens "http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... _subscribe" in the browser.

Or, why not, a little resume bubble when the mouse pass over the items ?

Question : Why does it display "prefs file is empty" when I lunch it or when I cancel edit (even if loaded default data before) ?
Jean-Luc

russ

#4 Post by russ »

I wrote the app over a year ago so I had to look. The AM_Prefs .txt file (in your documents folder) isn't created until you save some changes the first time. Try making a small change and then saving it.
The dialog might better say "The prefs file is missing" . My goal was to advise any user if their AP_Prefs file was not there. Unfortunately until you save the file is not written to your computer. You don't have to make any changes either, you can just click save after opening any function's editing window and the default data will be save to the disk and the message should not occur going forward. I may just do that on the initial launch of the app. This was a quick and dirty tool I made to help me when I was first doing Air Manager scripting. I still like to use it though.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

russ

#5 Post by russ »

I think Ralph has to change a phpBB preference to allow stickies... Ralph?? Help!
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Crashtender

#6 Post by Crashtender »

Very handy little application.
Love it!
Thank you very much Russ
A day not flown is a day not crashed...

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Will do today.

docjl

#8 Post by docjl »

russ wrote:I wrote the app over a year ago so I had to look. The AM_Prefs .txt file (in your documents folder) isn't created until you save some changes the first time. Try making a small change and then saving it.
OK, I understand.
This was a quick and dirty tool I made to help me when I was first doing Air Manager scripting.
No ! Not quick and dirty ! It's a real help for us. Thanks very much for sharing it.
Jean-Luc

a13

#9 Post by a13 »

Great tool!

Thanks Russ

a13

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

I only noticed this amazing tool now.

Can we please have an update for ver3.4

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card