Rotating Screen with non-standard resolutions

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jgpyne

Rotating Screen with non-standard resolutions

#1 Post by jgpyne »

Hi All,

I have a touch monitor with a resolution of 1024x600 which I am trying to rotate so that I can run dual G5's stacked vertically. I have it working fine horizontally but it does not seem to be straightforward to change the orientation/resolution to 600x1024, and/or perform the 270 degree rotation. I followed the below thread and have also researched to some extent but am still unable to use the full screen when I add the "display_rotate=3 " command to the /boot/config.txt. I've also tried adding hdmi_cvt=1024 600 60 3 0 0 0, and for some reason not all of the screen is available vertically. You essentially get about half the available screen and the 2nd G5 gets cut off at the bottom, almost like the resolution isn't being acknowledged. Likewise, 600x1024 is not an actual choice in the airplayer panel dropdown. I'm not certain I am explaining this in enough detail but my goal is to use a 600x1024 screen with AirPlayer even though the monitor is natively 1024x600. Any help/guidance would be appreciated as I am mostly from a windows background.

Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1448&p=13147

Screen I'm using:
https://www.amazon.com/Lebula-Touchscre ... NrPXRydWU=