Cabri G2 EPM

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

HughB

Re: Cabri G2 EPM

#21 Post by HughB »

Its official... I love the interpolate_linear function....

Neptuni

#22 Post by Neptuni »

Hi Hugh,

I found your EPM and started to use it, nice work indeed!
Looks like the blue needle on the MLI sometimes dont follow as it should?
Have you plans to work on the error messaging also?
Also the timer seems to be separate from the simulator timer?

I would be happy to buy the instrument or donate, if you are interested of completing the work! (But it works very well as it is)

Best regards,

Mikael

HughB

#23 Post by HughB »

Hi @Neptuni sorry for the delay getting back to you.
Thanks for the kind words and i am really glad you like it. Which errors would you like added? ping me a list either here or in a PM i can then start having a look.
Regarding the blue needle do you mean the blue needle for the throttle or the engine RPM?

Timer wise yes its not implemented that well, i just wanted to get a timer in there to start with, its based on total flight time. I will have a look at it but the chrono button isnt implemented yet so it will always show total flight time (current flight i think)
No worries about purchasing or donating its very kind but this is a community after all and for the benefit of everyone. As long as you dont mind it getting done when I can rather than a timescale :)
I am planning at some point to also add the annunciator lights and an ASI which matches the one in the Vskylabs model at some point in the future.

Cheers Hugh

Neptuni

#24 Post by Neptuni »

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the reply. The blue needle I refered to was the left meter (throttle) I have also noted some inconsistense regarding the carb temp indicator (square boxes) between your instrument and the simulator version.

The (BARC) NR indicators and switch would also be nice!

I’m using a Elgato Stream deck for the announciator panel, but information of datarefs for them are missing more or less.

The error messaging I was refering to is the startup selfcheck when starting the EPM, but this is only cosmetic;)

Best regards,

Mikael

HughB

#25 Post by HughB »

Hi Mikael
Ive had a quick look and there are a few things to change.
1. The carb heat ratio. On the in aircraft MLI the heat ratio bars bear no real relation to the dataref for the carb heat actuator (sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/carb_heat_ratio) which i believe is what i should be using for this. I will do some more investigation on this though.

2. The Carb Temp dataref coming from Xplane varies wildly and again doesnt represent what the in aircraft MLI shows (although sometimes they match). I cant find any dataref that matches the in aircraft MLI and gone with the actual carb temp dataref for this.

3.The blue needle on the left (throttle) seems to be linked to the collective position on the in aircraft MLI rather than the actual throttle position. Also as per the flight manual it should only show when NR is less than 420. Ive fixed this now so it is more accurate to the real aircraft MLI function.

4. The fuel indicator on the in aircraft MLI also seems to be a bit strange for exmaple it shows 70 Kgs of avgas as 77 litres when i reality ts 97 Litres . It doesn't show the correct fule level based on the weight of fuel added (avgas). I've just fixed this in my code and I have based my calculations for my MLI on the proper conversion of Avgas Kgs to litres. I also need to add the Fuel flow line to the fuel guage.

For this whole nstrument i have used the official Cabri manual for the guages etc.

I will work on this and then publish the update. However the guys at SI are really busy so i will also post the instrument file on this thread so you can import it into your AM and test it if you would like?
Hopefully i will also add a little cosmetic for the self test warnings :)

I would be interested to hear how you setup teh stream deck as an annunciator? Ive got the 23 button and a 6 button stream deck which i would love to use.

Cheers Hugh

Neptuni

#26 Post by Neptuni »

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to try out a new version.
Yes, it would be fine of you can post it here while waiting for SI.

I’m using spad.next and its has support for Stream deck, I have made .png’s for each state (on/off), I can add a picture of the indicators soon.

Mikael

JeanSim

#27 Post by JeanSim »

Hello,
First of all, well done !
Your EPM is amazing even if some bugs still present, but I'm pretty sure you worked on it.
Any update with some improvements available (Carb heat, Timer...) ?
I would love to help if I can do anything.
I made the EPM hardware, so is there a way to make the physical button on my EPM box interacting with the the datas like fuel setting and chrono ?

Cheers Jean

HughB

#28 Post by HughB »

Hi Jean
I’m glad you like it. I’ve been meaning to get around to working on some of the bugs but I just haven’t had the time yet. I want to add support for fs2020 but my day job is getting in the way of doing fun stuff like this.
Feel free to download it and make any changes you want to improve it and re release it. It’s a community instrument after all. It should be fairly straightforward to implement hardware control for the timer etc. if I can find the time I will also work on it but as I said it’s there to be used and improved by anyone. Keep me posted if you do make changes. All I would ask is to make sure you comment your code changes and additions for the benefit of all.

Cheers Hugh

Tetrachromat

#29 Post by Tetrachromat »

I did an adaptation of Hugh's EPM for MSFS2020 for my own usage. I thought about submitting it to the community repo, but got diverted before finishing all the missing features.

Cabri G2 EPM for MSFS2020.png

If @Ralph would allow to use his superb bezel/button graphics I would reconsider and finish it ;).

Paul

Ralph

#30 Post by Ralph »

It isn't that great in my opinion, much too small. But if you want then be my guest :)