Air Manager reports missing instrument on startup

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

LZScout

Air Manager reports missing instrument on startup

#1 Post by LZScout »

After having successfully completing a panel, I save the configuration. If I come back later and open the program, it tells me an instrument is missing and it must remove it. The instrument then greys out on the list. I look at the description it gives and the instrument appears to be in the instrument folder located in USERS, MYPC, AIR Manager. I've had to modify the resolution on the instruments to get them to fit in a panel on my monitor and I would like not to have to keep downloading/modifying them each time this occurs.

Ralph

Re: Air Manager reports missing instrument on startup

#2 Post by Ralph »

There's a bug in 2.1.2, which we hope is fixed in the latest 2.1.3 release. I'll send you the link to the beta.

LZScout

#3 Post by LZScout »

Got the beta up and running and everything is working great!

Thanks Ralph.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Great :) And thanks to Corjan for fixing the bug.

russ

#5 Post by russ »

After a few days with 2.1.3 b2 I think we have finally squished hat nasty missing instrument bug! I haven't seen it is many hours of using Air Manager.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

I hope we can release the official 2.1.3 this upcoming week, or at least next week, because after that we'll be on holiday for 3 weeks...

russ

#7 Post by russ »

I want to move to The Netherlands ... you guys are always on Holiday! LUCKY!
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

We're gonna cycle for +1000 km, and sleep in a tent for 3 weeks, you can hardly call it vacation :lol:

russ

#9 Post by russ »

Hate to bear bad news but after two days with Air Manager 2.1.3 beta 3 Home Edition I got the Missing Instrument error again on a couple startups.

The GOOD NEWS is that like 2.1.3 b 2 if you just close Air Manager and restart the instrument is there again. There is no harm but it is a nuisance to have the warning and to restart Air Manager. I didn't have it for almost 3 days and then got it on two startups in a row, on the Cessna 152 pre-made panel. A few hours later I got it on the Baron B58 panel.

As I said just restarting Air Manager made the problem go away and since yesterday, it hasn't reoccurred.

Sorry but I think we still have work to do. It is totally usable now and better than 2.1.2...just not perfect.

Sorry but I didn't have time to capture my config.xml and instrument folder this tine after the crashes, I will next time it happens if Corjan thinks that was helpful.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

MartinW

#10 Post by MartinW »

I just bought AirManager Desktop this afternoon and unfortunately have hit this bug straight away.

It is seemingly random that an instrument that is there one minute is reported as missing the next and it's very difficult to get a panel to load more than once.

If you are off on holidays for 3 weeks from next week and the beta is even slightly more stable, is there any chance I could get a link to the beta as well please as the product is unusable for me as it stands at the moment. Sadly it all worked OK during the 10 minutes I had with the standard 6 instruments :mrgreen: