Knobster compatibility

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

4x4ff

Knobster compatibility

#1 Post by 4x4ff »

I have the original knobster using it with the desktop version of air manager. I am thinking of revamping some things and may switch to using with either an iPAD, an android tablet or a Rpi or maybe even a combination of them. Is the knobster working with Android and Raspberry Pi?

Sling

Re: Knobster compatibility

#2 Post by Sling »

The knobster obviously needs a host usb connection so I think the tablets are out. AFAIK it should work with the Rpi but I have only ever used it with the desktop version of AM.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

It works with the RPi, but indeed not with tablets due to the USB 'problem'.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Wouldn't it work on Android with OTG adapter, or will it be useless without any handling inside AM for Android ?
this said, already having an OTG adapter + the Knobster, I perhaps could make some testing ?

Gilles

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Not being an Android user I never even knew what an OTG adapter was until i googled it. I guess in theory it should work but the Android version of AM would have to support it. If it's not supported currently I wonder if it could be in a future update.

4x4ff

#6 Post by 4x4ff »

But the knobster does work with the iPad...correct?

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

No incorrect. The knobster does not work on the iPad.

4x4ff

#8 Post by 4x4ff »

Ok. Thanks. I was mistaken. So with that being said can I use 2 screens with a rpi and a knobster?

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

4x4ff wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:38 am Ok. Thanks. I was mistaken. So with that being said can I use 2 screens with a rpi and a knobster?
The answer is no again i’m afraid. Rpi 3+ and below only has a single HDMI. Rpi 4 is not yet supported and when it is it may only have one monitor supported. At least initially.

4x4ff

#10 Post by 4x4ff »

Allrighty then. Thanks a bunch for your assistance. I currently have I think a 21" touchscreen for my instruments using the knobster. The screen is a bit big for my sim and was going to replace it with a smaller screen or maybe even an Ipad and then a second smaller touchscreen for the radio stack. I am thinking now I will just use a 15" or so touchscreen for the instruments and use the saitek/logitech radio for the radios. I am trying to keep this as economical as possible. On Russ Barlow's channel he showed some economical touchscreens that I think will work.

I apologize for being so dense about all of this and really appreciate your input.