Air manager 2.1.2

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Air manager 2.1.2

#11 Post by Ralph »

Can you let me know which instrument(s) gives the nill error?

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Russ suggested it might be a migration error, because the 'old' panel structure from 2.1.1 is converted to a new 2.1.2 structure. If you're willing to try this, you can delete the panel that gives the problems, and make a new one in 2.1.2. That might solve the issue.

shadyowl2

#13 Post by shadyowl2 »

Deleted all panel's, recreated a new one. Restart air manager problem still exists
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Hmm too bad. Corjan has received your instruments and config, so we'll see if that helps.
The nill errors are in the var_format function. I'm fixing two DME receivers as we speak. I'll see if I can find something in the cabin pressure gauge. If there's any more nill error instruments then let me know which ones, and I'll see what I can do.

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

Which error do you get with the cabin pressure gauge? Can you send me a screenshot? Nothing here...

shadyowl2

#16 Post by shadyowl2 »

There is no nil error with that gauge.. It says gauge can not be found and delete's it. The only thing I can see is that it does not show a preview of the gauge in the window. Checked the png file and there is no error...
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

Alright, that might be solved if Corjan tries your instrument folder. I've found another bug, the Eclipse panel v3.0 with image pre-scaling on makes Air Manager crash. I'm afraid that there's going to be a 2.1.3....

russ

#18 Post by russ »

Can you tell me a specific instrument from the store that is giving you the error "logic.lua:64 bad argument: number expected, got nil" ? Using FSX/P3D/X-Plane?

I have been using 2.1.2 beta version for months and never had that kind of error. I did initially have the "missing instrument" error but it seemed to go away.

This is my theory...based on...well my theory... so you know what it's worth.

I think somehow things in the Air Manager configuration file dealing with panel layouts was corrupted when the change took place from version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2. My solution was to click on the grayed out instrument in the panel layout and then delete that instrument. Then close Air Manager and restart. If the panel opens reinstall the deleted instrument. That usually worked. On a couple instances when I restarted ANOTHER instrument from that bad panel gave a new missing instrument message. In that case I just deleted the entire panel and restarted Air Manager.

The problem is that if you have spent time laying out a cool panel you hate to delete the panel and lose all that work. Two options. First, you could look at each instrument in the panel tab and write down the window location and sizes for each instrument as you see an example below:
recover.PNG
The other option is to copy your Air Manager config.xml file which contains all the data. It is located on the Air Manager folder in nyour specific user file ( mine is C:\Users\Russ_Notebook\Air manager\config.xml ). As long as you have a copy saved we can tell you later how to dig out the numbers you need to reset the panel but I can tell you option one is easier if you ever need it.

My experience has been that after the initial problem it seems to have been a short lived problem after the bad apples were removed. That's why I thought it was gone. There is definitely still an issue but if you have back up files for your custom made or modified instruments and have the panel layout numbers, it is hard to do permanent damage by trying my theory.

DISCLAIMER: I say that as a fellow user and NOT a representative of Sim Innovations.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

russ

#19 Post by russ »

I found the error in the var_format also on the Generic-Aspen EFD1000 line 421

Definately: the var_format function

I guess I usually use the Lua math,round instead so it didn't affect me.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

I've fixed those. Also the two DME's. Let me know if there's more. I'll upload what I have tomorrow.