Instruments not showing complete informatiom

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

spanout

Instruments not showing complete informatiom

#1 Post by spanout »

I have built a main instrument panel with 3 screens and several encoders and switches. All of the encoders and switches are working correctly and show currently in xplane cockpit. However some are not showing correctly on the air manager instruments. The following do not show on the standard Cessna 172 instruments:

EGT - the temperature shows but the marker that the knob can set is not moving. The encoder that I have changes the cockpit instrument in xplane but this indicator does not change in air manager. The dataref that I successfully write to is laminar/c172/knob_EGT

TAS - the encoder sets the value correctly in the cockpit but this does not change in air manager instrument. The dataref that I successfully write to is laminar/c172/knob_TAS

Clock OAT, select and control buttons. My buttons change the cockpit clock correctly but the airmanager instrument is locked on Time and Temperature. The datarefs that I successfully write to are:

Clock control
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/timer_running

Clock OAT
laminar/c172/knob_OAT

Clock select
sim/cockpit2/clock_timer/timer_mode

The clock and EGT are running on raspberry pi and the airspeed indicator is running on my main airmanager PC.

Any thoughts on how to get these working.

Thanks

Sling

Re: Instruments not showing complete informatiom

#2 Post by Sling »

These gauges not working are because the AM controls do not interact with the sim in the way you are. The EGT and AIrspeed knobs are local only to the AM instrument and the clock only uses xpl_command("sim/instruments/timer_start_stop") every time the control button is pressed.

The instruments need modification to work with the sim for these controls. The originals may of been coded this way for compatibility with FSX/P3D. I'm not certain if those sim's provide events or variables for those controls or even if all variants of xplane 172's provide the necessary datarefs or commands to enable the AM instrument to control the sim. This might explain why they are like they are currently.

It doesn't stop you from modifying them to suit your needs though. That's the great thing about AM.

Tony

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Just had a little tinker with the EGT gauge. You need to do something similar for the others.

I've left the original behaviour as well so it still works as it did. You just need to tick the "Use xplane dataref for EGT pointer" user property to get the new functionality.

Enjoy.

Tony

EGT & FF 110.siff
(321.55 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

spanout

#4 Post by spanout »

thank you for the info, will look at the EGT gauge and see if I can replicate.

Thanks