CGR engine monitor

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

thijmen

CGR engine monitor

#1 Post by thijmen »

Hi!

For my Convair 440 sim, I temporarily need an engine monitor that fits in a standard instrument 'hole'. Online I found a real instrument that I have simplified and replicated the CGR 30p. Buttons are currently still inop, some user settings are in place and only FS X support for now. Anybody interested in this instrument?

Kind regards,
Thijmen
Attachments
preview.PNG

Sling

Re: CGR engine monitor

#2 Post by Sling »

Thijmen,

The CGR-30P and CGR-30C are instruments I plan to do to complete my EI instrument collection. I have already completed some 34 EI instruments. I plan to do a video showing these in action some time soon but here is a screen shot of them all. The clock is already shown in my clock collection video here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=969.

EI gauges.PNG

I'm busy with other things right now but I do plan to do complete versions of these at some point.

Tony

thijmen

#3 Post by thijmen »

Hi Tony,

I'd be happy to share and/or collaborate. Ping me when you want to get started.

/Thijmen

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Would also make a nice addition to the store. Are the temperatures, MP and RPM adjustable, or is it fixed for a certain RPM?

thijmen

#5 Post by thijmen »

Most limits-ranges are already user properties. Fuel capacity is taken from FS’ variable. I’m planning to add page 2 as per the real instrument soon and do some other improvements. Once that’s in place we’ll probably test run it in our sim, after that I’ll submit it to the store. My main headache now is that our model doesn’t seem to include a reading on any of FS X’s EGT variables.

I’ll post a zip drop in this thread later next week as a preview.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Hard to get around that... Maybe just come up with some fake values? Maybe you can use something like oil temperature, CHT or something else which is engine and temperature related. Not perfect of course...

thijmen

#7 Post by thijmen »

First public test version :-) Experiencing some weird show/hide issue with the frame occasionally. Let me know what you think, if somebody would like to work on it we can setup a Git repo on github.
Attachments
CGR-30P.zip
(974.22 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

KurtC24R

#8 Post by KurtC24R »

Forgive my newness. can someone point me to how to use the files that came out of the zip file submitted. It is not in the importable file format.
I copied it into the instrument area and can get it to display, however, it does not function at all (on a air manager panel, in x-plane 11). I am sure there must be a topic somewhere
on how to use the files. Forgive me for not searching around for this but until I see the eye doctor, reading is somewhat difficult right now.

Thanks! I am excited to see this instrument!

thijmen

#9 Post by thijmen »

This hasn't been updated for a long time. I'll dig through this or next weekend, update it and send it up to the store.

JackZ

#10 Post by JackZ »

KurtC24R wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:17 pm Forgive my newness. can someone point me to how to use the files that came out of the zip file submitted. It is not in the importable file format.
The forum doesn’t accept files with the .SIFF format, so the file had to be zipped. Simply extract the file on your desktop, the SIFF file should appear, and you can then use the Import function of Air Manager
KurtC24R wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:17 pm I copied it into the instrument area and can get it to display, however, it does not function at all (on an air manager panel, in x-plane 11).
The original post said that this instrument works with FSX/P3D only
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ