Map & Navigation data

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Map & Navigation data

#11 Post by Ralph »

It all depends on how the data can be send to the devices. It cannot be send by datarefs, so it would have to be a file. Maybe some day we can make a way to export it as a .fms file, but I don't think it has our priority at the moment. Then it's probably better to use a different planning tool.

marcel_felde

#12 Post by marcel_felde »

Ralph, the pictures in the Private Messages are always ok in preview but not loaded in the final message or displaced. So I will try to add them here:

The cockpit:
MF_170106_0096.jpg
The ND display with flight plan:
EFIS85_ND.png
The MFD:
EFIS85_MFD.png

Sling

#13 Post by Sling »

Ralph,

Did Marcel not mean Xplane to AM because this would be possible via the Xplane SDK. Well at least with the standard FMS not sure about the newer Arinc format GPS flightplans.

Tony

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Yes that was what he meant. It might be nice for a future version, but I think that we got to have the basics right first.

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:15 pm Yes that was what he meant. It might be nice for a future version, but I think that we got to have the basics right first.
Thanks Ralph. Yes I agree get the basics runnning nicely and then add capability later.

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

We were thinking about a vector graphics based map for 3.6. First just land and water, after that we'll expand it with roads, cities, mountains, etc.

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:39 am We were thinking about a vector graphics based map for 3.6. First just land and water, after that we'll expand it with roads, cities, mountains, etc.
Your own base map wow. Does that mean support for OSM will be dropped?

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

No it'll be added as an extra layer.

marcel_felde

#19 Post by marcel_felde »

"and then add capability later."

These days I found an UNS-1 CDU that is in development. Would be great if, later, solutions like this or other GPS/FMC devices and software would be compatible. At least, to show navigation data provided by those tools on the Air Manager developed ND, for example... things get complicated. ;)

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

An FMS is indeed planned as well. Little steps...