Problem with AM3.3 /3.4

Support for Air Player desktop on ARM devices, like the Raspberry Pi.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

drnicolas

Problem with AM3.3 /3.4

#1 Post by drnicolas »

Over the weeks, on update cam after another. Athe moment, I have AM 3.4ß 13 and AM3.3 running.

I also have 2 Rpi connected and one Arduino hooked to Rpi#1

Today, I found out that ...
- My Rpi#1 is listed by IP
- Rpi #2 does not show up anymore

What I have done:
- run apt-get update/uipgrade on Rpis
- Ran the installer again on Arduino (1.2 home use).

- After rebooting all the devices, I do not see RX and FX flashing on the Arduino as
- The Arduino does not list below Rpi#1 and also does not show up in AM3.3 desktop

No changte!

Is there any function to get a list of the versions installed on the Rpis and ARduinos to be sure I have the latest software?
If not , I recommend to add such a function also withn always up-to-date list on your website with all versions
. which is the correct way to update AM for Rpi? I hope it is not flashing a complete new SD.card. I have done some own chagnes which I would lose then.
Air Manager 3.6 Home Use - Rpi AirpLayer with 7" Touchscreen

Keith Baxter

Re: Problem with AM3.3 /3.4

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

If you have updated the beta then you will have to reflash the SD card with the beta version of AP. The 3.3v of AP will not work on 3.4 beta 4 build 13.

Before you re-flash your SD make a copy of the config.txt file so that you can copy across the changes you have made.

NOTE: The beta AP image only works on the v3.4 Beta build 13. It dose not work properly on v3.3

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

drnicolas

Re: Problem with AM3.3 /3.4

#3 Post by drnicolas »

Special modules loaded via config.txt is one of the things I do not want to lose.

Maybe it's time to implement a more common way of updating the Rpi to avoid smashing custom settings
Air Manager 3.6 Home Use - Rpi AirpLayer with 7" Touchscreen