Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Video texture streaming

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

The Torquesin Entegra.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Corjan

#12 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Will have a look at the video streaming stuff once the core funcationality of AM 4.2 is stable again.
Me expectation is that it will take quite some time to get video streaming just right, and stable enough to use in 'real' instruments.

Corjan

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Corjan wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:57 am Hi,

Will have a look at the video streaming stuff once the core funcationality of AM 4.2 is stable again.
Me expectation is that it will take quite some time to get video streaming just right, and stable enough to use in 'real' instruments.

Corjan
Hi Corjan,

Yes I fully understand that. I know it is going to take some time to get LR to do something about all the issues.

I do not want to jump in and start asking questions to LR. That I feel is something you will probably get better results.

Once we know that LR have their ducks in a row and AM is spot on with their streaming, then I can start putting pressure on the airframe dev's.

But as you say we should hold back on video streaming until we all have it sorted. I am not trying to be funny or anything, It is just that there are too many bugs and anomalies at this time.

I love the feature and think it is the next sliced bread. Just got ants in my pants because it is not working nicely.

As you probably gathered i have dug quite deep into how this all works and I have gained quite a bit of an understanding. If I am correct or not I am not sure. Probably not, ;)

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Mccluress

#14 Post by Mccluress »

Keith,

Did you do any of the texture streaming via AirPlayer on Pi? I am wondering if my Pi troubles are related to video streaming. I run two Pis and they keep getting reset and forgot by Air Manager. Odd behavior indeed.

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Mccluress wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:58 pm Keith,

Did you do any of the texture streaming via AirPlayer on Pi? I am wondering if my Pi troubles are related to video streaming. I run two Pis and they keep getting reset and forgot by Air Manager. Odd behavior indeed.
Hi,

No I have not. I stopped using RPi when AM changed the system.

Keith