4.2 bugs

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: 4.2 bugs

#431 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

This one is still outstanding. "Sorting" Whilst a minor issue the sorting is taboo. I am trying to name all my group's in a convention to keep AirFrames together and no matter what I do they do not sort properly.
Having to do this because we do not have the facility to groups [Airframes - daughters] that have groups [panel - child's).

I thought It was me, so I renamed all the group's and just changed the end number. Boeing Zibo 6 is out of place as are some others. And no it is not a spacing issue. I Copied Boeing Zibo 1 to all and just changed the end number so that I am sure that there are no funny out of place spaces etc.

ice_screenshot_20240127-141333.png
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#432 Post by SimPassion »

4.2.4 : We are missing again the COM Port Number which has been restored in the UI previously, so we have to play a random game when trying to flash a new connected board with other boards present in the AM UI

There's a bit of step up, step down since a while, I understand there's some adjustments to be made in the serial devices communication, though this is 4.2.4 which is actually a production release and we are not really at ease at the moment ... Just hoping this area will be fixed and further experiments goes only in the Beta area, be confident we are still available for Beta testing @Corjan, if it helps to make the decision. Thanks definitely and in any case, for your hard work that helped all of us with latest releases 👍

Corjan

#433 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Where in the UI are you missing the COM port exactly?

Corjan

Corjan

#434 Post by Corjan »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:23 pm This is exactly what I thought ...
So the filtering issue is still there in the Online Store popup window, where such instrument would never have been shown as a downloadable "SINGLE" instrument, as indeed part of a Premium panel !!!

[EDIT] The filtering would have checked this before showing it or not in the downloadable instrument list
Question here is if the online store window should or should not include premium instruments. I guess there is something to be said for both cases.
You could very well be designing a panel that should include premium instruments for instance, where you would want the ability to download them manually.

Corjan

Corjan

#435 Post by Corjan »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:29 pm Hi,

This one is still outstanding. "Sorting" Whilst a minor issue the sorting is taboo. I am trying to name all my group's in a convention to keep AirFrames together and no matter what I do they do not sort properly.
Having to do this because we do not have the facility to groups [Airframes - daughters] that have groups [panel - child's).

I thought It was me, so I renamed all the group's and just changed the end number. Boeing Zibo 6 is out of place as are some others. And no it is not a spacing issue. I Copied Boeing Zibo 1 to all and just changed the end number so that I am sure that there are no funny out of place spaces etc.

ice_screenshot_20240127-141333.png

Keith
I can add sorting to groups, that is fine.

Corjan

SimPassion

#436 Post by SimPassion »

Corjan wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:26 pm
SimPassion wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:23 pm This is exactly what I thought ...
So the filtering issue is still there in the Online Store popup window, where such instrument would never have been shown as a downloadable "SINGLE" instrument, as indeed part of a Premium panel !!!

[EDIT] The filtering would have checked this before showing it or not in the downloadable instrument list
Question here is if the online store window should or should not include premium instruments. I guess there is something to be said for both cases.
You could very well be designing a panel that should include premium instruments for instance, where you would want the ability to download them manually.

Corjan
Indeed @Corjan, fair point 👍Not thought of this approach on my own. So we have to ensure if the instrument come from a Premium panel or not. Could a tag be added stating Premium panel source, to help us in deciphering on download ???

Small point, I'm wondering why AM come now in fullscreen, checked in 4.2.4, even if we have resized it before closing it previously ?

Corjan

#437 Post by Corjan »

Yeah, will add it to the TODO for AM 4.3