Submissions update

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Submissions update

#71 Post by Sling »

Once again another slow period for quality submissions so its taken a while to get up to a decent number. Unfortunately many instruments that are submitted cannot be accepted else there would be more. For those that have not had instruments accepted and anyone thinking of future submissions please take the time to read and digest the submission guidelines attached here as many of the non acceptable things seen could be avoided. A common thing seen is CLONE's of existing instruments with little to no explanation as to what's changed and why. The submit message box has a free text field so please use it to provide information about the submission. This makes the review so much easier and enhances the chances of it being accepted. Again there is information in the submission guidelines about submitting either an intended update to an existing instrument or using the existing assets of another instrument for a new instrument. If in doubt or if you would like some further guideance or clarity you can always send an email to submit@siminnovations.com

Community Store Submission Guidelines v7.pdf
(58.87 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

The summary of submissions for this period follows.

Instruments
Inst Sep 23.PNG
Hardware functions
hw func Sep 23.PNG
hw func Sep 23.PNG (4.71 KiB) Viewed 10387 times

jph

#72 Post by jph »

It would be useful to publish the author...................... doh ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

cyberguerro

#73 Post by cyberguerro »

When next update?
I hope before XMAS HOLYDAYS ;)

Keith Baxter

#74 Post by Keith Baxter »

Yes,
It has been some time. 3 Months...

I think Tony has his hands full with trying to keep up with substitutions and dev his own panels. Perhaps too much to do or there are not many submissions since September? Perhaps he is also waiting for the release of AM4.2 as I think a lot of people have done AM4.2 versions.

I think a lot of peeps are fed up with the submission hoops they have to jump through and are doing their own thing. Be it get-hub, Discord or some other repository.

Some satellite sources are freeware and other pay ware. But that is what it is. :(

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#75 Post by Sling »

cyberguerro wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 pm When next update?
I hope before XMAS HOLYDAYS ;)
Unlikely. There have just not been any suitable submissions since the last update. When there is they will be included. The new updates are driven by the quantity and quality of the submusdions. If there are periods where there aren’t any there obviously will be no updates during that period.

Sling

#76 Post by Sling »

Keith Baxter wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:24 pm I think a lot of peeps are fed up with the submission hoops they have to jump through and are doing their own thing.
With no guidelines what you would end up with is a complete mess. You wouldn’t like the state of things If every submission was just uploaded. I mean lots are just clone copies, have errors, no preview image etc etc. Shall we just accept all those, No.

Not sure what else to say. If the new instruments are not there, they are not there.

Keith Baxter

#77 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,
Tony, Ralph, Corjan.

Now that AM4.2 has been released I suspect that Tony will be flooded with new submissions. A lot of them containing "VIDEO STREAMING:.

I want to make a suggestion that all instruments submitted that contain video be removed from the store until such time that the video stream is sorted. It is extremely unstable and unpredictable.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card