4.2.2 GFC500 ias vs wheel control

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

chuckm11

4.2.2 GFC500 ias vs wheel control

#1 Post by chuckm11 »

Hi --

This control seems to not respond correctly. Both moving the mouse over it and pressing a mouse button to "pull" it both result in random or no change to the setting. I can move it maybe one click up or down, but it always tries to recenter if I try to move it again.

This problem presented on a recent upgrade -- it previously worked correctly.

Flying a plane with the same control in the panel, the panel control works as expected.

chuckm11

Re: 4.2.2 GFC500 ias vs wheel control

#3 Post by chuckm11 »

This seems a little different ... the control is responsive, but every time the mouse enters the control. it snaps back to the previous setting. Say I want to enter a VS or +500 fpm; the first time the control is touched it might go to +100 (one step). The wheel rolls, so the mouse has to leave the control area. When it does you would normally bring it to the middle or bottom for another spin. When you do, the control resets again and you can't exceed the +100 even on successive spins.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The wheel only gives up and down commands, it does not set a value. So that's something in the simulator then.

chuckm11

#5 Post by chuckm11 »

I went into the scripting for the GFC500 and removed the wheel and replaced it with two pushbuttons that each call the same controls the wheel would have called. The graphics aren't right, but the functionality works. I think it's something in the wheel implementation, which I'm not sure I have any visibility into.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

You can add a print to the wheel.