AM 4.2 and suggestion

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bob@bobleonard.com

AM 4.2 and suggestion

#1 Post by bob@bobleonard.com »

Is AM 4.2 out yet? I'm running 4.1.6. When (if) it is out, will it automatically update, or will I have to get the new version and manually install it?

Also, a suggestion. Is it possible that SI could partner with the creators of third-party software to create paid panels to replicate their planes? For example, I just bought the Turbo Arrow III from Just Flight and would like to have an AM panel that matches it. I put together a panel that is similar, but the instruments are not exactly the same (the airspeed indicator has the wrong green, white, yellow, and red markings, for example). I'd like to be able to buy a panel (or two so that I can go across two screens).

Thanks, Bob

SimPassion

Re: AM 4.2 and suggestion

#2 Post by SimPassion »

bob@bobleonard.com wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:08 am Is AM 4.2 out yet? I'm running 4.1.6. When (if) it is out, will it automatically update, or will I have to get the new version and manually install it?
A popup will come stating the new 4.2 releasing and will allow the install together. No, 4.2 isn't out, still in Beta at the moment.

Also, a suggestion. Is it possible that SI could partner with the creators of third-party software to create paid panels to replicate their planes? For example, I just bought the Turbo Arrow III from Just Flight and would like to have an AM panel that matches it. I put together a panel that is similar, but the instruments are not exactly the same (the airspeed indicator has the wrong green, white, yellow, and red markings, for example). I'd like to be able to buy a panel (or two so that I can go across two screens).
I guess they don't have time for this, though Ralph will answer better than us.

Thanks, Bob

Ralph

Re: AM 4.2 and suggestion

#3 Post by Ralph »

Certainly not Sim Innovations. It would have to come from the aircraft developer him/her-self. Someone at Aerosoft has tried, there was also something with A2A. But so far none have gone through with it.