3 pos Switch for External Power Unit

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

skymed

Re: 3 pos Switch for External Power Unit

#11 Post by skymed »

thank you...I have those sorted, but its the logic of the switch thats the issue......once the switch behaves as I want ( without any data refs) the datarefs are then easy to apply with "if elses".

The switch operation is the one stumping me as a multi position switch in air manager works well with the wiki code i quoted earlier if its a rotary type switch but not well with a multi-position toggle switch as the one im trying to make work.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

The position of the switch has to be set by the simulator. Therefore it is important to know the output from the simulator.

skymed

#13 Post by skymed »

I want to set the switch to a position and have the simulator react to that , not the other way round.

If the switch is up the GPU is on, if down the battery powers the bus and in the middle all power is off.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

That's not how it works. The simulator has to set the position, the simulator is always leading. The only thing you can do is ask the simulator to go to a certain switch position.

Lets say you set your set your switch to position 2 in your script, you say to the simulator to go to position 2, but the simulator says: "not today mate!" You'll have a discrepancy between your visual switch and the switch in the simulator.

Therefore: the switch position has to come from the simulator.

jph

#15 Post by jph »

Hi @skymed
Take it to the private 'AM Sim Hardware / Pro User forum/server we use as usual ;) - drop me a line :D
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#16 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @skymed, as Ralph mentioned, this is already reported here :
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ommended!)

Code: Select all

-- This is the recommended pattern to use when creating switches in your instrument

-- 1: The user clicks on the switch
-- 2: The switch_callback function is called (called 'callback' in this example)
-- 3: The instrument logic will send some kind of command to the flight simulator (in this case turn on/off the avionics) 
-- 4: The flight simulator will respond with a new state
-- 5: The instrument will set the switch accordingly

-- Using this pattern, the flight simulator determines the position the switch should have. This way all instrument switch states will be syncronized.