Serious problem with panels

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

bob@bobleonard.com

Serious problem with panels

#1 Post by bob@bobleonard.com »

I was able to get Air Manager set up and running last weekend. Great program; vastly improved the experience!!! Now, everything has gone downhill. I am using a laptop computer and running X-Plane 11 because my laptop can't run X-Plane 12.

Last weekend, I was able to "fly" using the 172 (with gauges) in X-Plane 11 and the standard 172 panel in Air Manager. It was great and I loved having that so much that I wanted to improve it. I created a second Air Manager panel and put two nav/coms and a transponder in it with the intention of adding more later. (I did try to add some hardware, but that didn't work and will be a subject for a separate post.) Now nothing works well.

I am running X-Plane 11 on the monitor on a shelf above my laptop and putting the stock 172 panel on my laptop below. This is the same configuration that worked so well last week. I have a third monitor and I put the new panel on it.

If I start up X-Plane and then Air Manager, it looks as if everything is going well. But then if I click on something in the X-Plane cockpit, I suddenly can't work anything in that cockpit monitor or on the laptop monitor. In addition, if I hold down the left button on my mouse, it moves the second panel around--no matter which screen I am on, and nothing else works on either of the two other screens. Interestingly, if I use ALT-TAB to bring back the focus to the screen running X-Plame, everything works again--until I click something in the X-Plane cockpit again, which I have to do to fly.

If I try to run without the panel on the other monitor, it seems to do fine. Is there something that does not allow it to use two panels at a time? More likely, it's user error and I have something set wrong.

Thanks for any advice, Bob

Ralph

Re: Serious problem with panels

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure what you mean, but Air Manager claims focus. That was done in favor of MSFS. With version 4.2 you will be able to choose if you want the panel to take focus or not.

jet46

Re: Serious problem with panels

#3 Post by jet46 »

Try enabling "click through" in the main panel settings.