Premium Aspen 1000 Panel stays ON BAT MSFS

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

rsijbring

Premium Aspen 1000 Panel stays ON BAT MSFS

#1 Post by rsijbring »

In MSFS the Aspen 1000 premium panel stays ON BAT, even though the battery, alternator and avionics are on. I tried both 14/28 volt options in the options of the instrument. It's in the Just Flight Piper Arrow.
Any tips?

Thanks,

Roeland

Ralph

Re: Premium Aspen 1000 Panel stays ON BAT MSFS

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can check the bus voltage in the Viewer in the Settings tab.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Not all MSFS aircraft use the same battery/bus so to cater for that power selection for generic instruments like this has to be selectable via a user property. This then allows it to power on and off with the appropriate power source for that aircraft which it seems is not the traditional default in this case and other aircraft.

Mark84

#4 Post by Mark84 »

Hi Roeland, I'm having the same issue did you happen to find a solution?

Thanks
Mark

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Which flight simulator and which aircraft? Same?

hucbr600

#6 Post by hucbr600 »

I have the same issue with the Just Flight Arrow.

What I have discovered is that the busbar voltage on the JustFlight Arrow is set at 12v and therefore the Aspen Panel is 'seeing' the flight sim volts as less than the 14v required (as in the configuration selection in Air Manager), and therefore automatically defaults to battery, as it thinks there is an electrical issue.

I have raised this with Sim Innovations previously, but there has been no fix to the product to support 12v from a simlator aircraft.

I have also tried to find a setup utility in the Arrow to tweak the voltage up to 14v, but I can't find this either. I contacted JustFlight to get them to release a patch to up the 12v to 14v - but I didn't get a response.

This can be solved easily by SIm Innovations by removing this functionality form the Aspen panel - no other addon panel / kit has this embedded and its causing a lot of headaches for users who bought a penal that has this unnecessary limitation.

hucbr600

#7 Post by hucbr600 »

Here's a link to the original post started back in 2019 - it still hasn't been fixed!

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... 162#p20162