Air Manager Beta 14 with Air Player on 2nd PC

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

steveald

Air Manager Beta 14 with Air Player on 2nd PC

#1 Post by steveald »

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is covered elsewhere, I can't find any documentation specific to the Beta.
I have X-Plane 12 running on a PC with 2 FlightSimBuilder G1000's, and 2 touchscreens, one for an overhead panel, and one for a pedestal. Flight controls are connected to this PC and Air Manager 4.2 BETA 14 is installed along with Air Plugin BETA 9.
On a second PC I have 2 small 7" touchscreens and a 55" TV with X-Plane running as an external visuals machine, with the latest non-beta version of Air Player.
On a third PC I have 2 55" TVs with X-Plane running as external visuals. I also have a windows tablet running Air Player and WebFMC, and an iPod with Air Manager for IOS that only runs when I fly the Zibo.
At my desk, (away from the sim) I run Air Manager to develop and test my instruments.

Originally my main sim PC had Air Player and not the AM beta, and everything worked seamlessly. Then X-Crafts released the E-Jets, and I discovered they haven't figured out how to make pop-out DU's.
At first I tried running the AM beta on my desk computer with the beta plugin on my main sim pc to see how this video stream thing would work, and I managed to get it working (for 2 minutes) and then X-Plane crashed.
I have stripped the main sim X-plane down to no plugins except Air Plugin BETA 9, and it continues to crash. I have narrowed it down to the xnavmap plugin in the X-Crafts E-195, if I disable that X-Plane runs forever with the video streamed to my desk pc. While I was testing all this I decided to try running AM 4.2 on the main sim pc, and bought another AM license. Same thing happens. I then decided to wait for X-Crafts to release a couple of updates and I will try again later.

This is where I discovered the issue I am now dealing with which is if I have AM beta running on both computers they will both work but they don't see each other so I can't push instruments from my desk computer to the sim, I have to export and then import, and if I run Air Player on any computer, then Air Manager beta crashes.

Do I have to wait until Air Player is updated to 4.2 for it to work with AM 4.2? (I realize the video streaming isn't available in AP)
Should the 2 Air Managers be able to communicate or do I have to only use Air Manager on 1 pc?
Does anyone else have the AM beta working with AP?
Does anyone have the X-Crafts E-195 working with video streaming without disabling xnavmap?
What does xnavmap do anyway? I assume disabling it is not a real solution.
Any help would be appreciated, I can live without the E-Jet if I have to, but I need to be able to run Air Player.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

SimPassion

Re: Air Manager Beta 14 with Air Player on 2nd PC

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Steve @steveald, @Corjan already mentioned the Air Player Beta part isn't synced to the AM Beta release, so we have yo wait until the AM 4.2 release will be out, potentially somewhere around September 2023 or better if Corjan is able.

steveald

#3 Post by steveald »

Thanks, SimPassion, I didn't think that "isn't synced" meant that running Air Player would shut down Air Manager. I expected Air Player to function, but not with Air Manager beta functionality.
I am getting better at being patient, thanks to Laminar Research and the various add-on aircraft developers, so I will be patient and wait for SimInnovations to work things out. :)

Steve

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

steveald wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:32 am Thanks, SimPassion, I didn't think that "isn't synced" meant that running Air Player would shut down Air Manager. I expected Air Player to function, but not with Air Manager beta functionality.
I am getting better at being patient, thanks to Laminar Research and the various add-on aircraft developers, so I will be patient and wait for SimInnovations to work things out. :)

Steve
"Isn't synced" is only meant for release numbers, features and fixes not at the same level for Air Manager Beta vs Air Player Beta for the moment, so it could be we get instability and until we get stability between AM Beta and AP Beta, meaning until no STD at all, we will not be able to check in the proper conditions, in any case it doesn't prevent we are still able to trigger shutdown directed to the remote app, but hey, what could be triggered and observed in final, if one of the pair have suddenly get CTD ??? Huhhh ... ?? 🤔