VoiceAttack to set knobfs mode

Support for KnobFS, share your experience and KnobFS modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

blueScorpio

VoiceAttack to set knobfs mode

#1 Post by blueScorpio »

Hello,

I love my knobster and would love to improve the mode selection by selecting a mode using VoiceAttack. Basically, I would just say something like "knob COM 2" and it would automatically go to that mode. I didn't see any way to set the mode from an external program like VoiceAttack. Is there an API? Or any other suggestion to make this work?
Thanks,

Philippe

Ralph

Re: VoiceAttack to set knobfs mode

#2 Post by Ralph »

Someone made his own application for Voice Attack, but I have never tried it.
We've worked on voice control, but haven't had the time to finish it. Still on our to-do list though.

Tuckster

#3 Post by Tuckster »

Any updates on this ?? I'm considering VR and knobster + voice attack sounds like a great solution.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

This was made by one of our customers, so I have no idea...

oafick

Re: VoiceAttack, VR and KnobXP

#5 Post by oafick »

I've been working on this for KnobsXP for several weeks, but progress has been slow. I'm sure VA has all the capabilities, but the problem is how to choose and use the correct data refs and commands most efficiently. KnobXP appears to have what is needed in its mode file but how does one get these into VA?

KnobXP presents a window of modes that the user can choose for an aircraft. It would be nice if somehow these modes can be selected by VA and then the Knobster can be used to make the desired adjustments such as, for example, Com radio frequencies etc. This would allow everything that needs to be controlled using KnobXP to be controlled entirely by VA. This is the ultimate goal for mixed reality flight simming.
While KnobXP modes selected by the hand controller, keyboard or mouse are helpful, it is difficult and unrealistic to use them in visual flight and at the same time be looking outside or at instruments.

Mixed reality VR is progressing VERY rapidly both in quality and price point and something like I describe above would be a fantastic step forward. I'm hoping SI can make this happen soon.