Seeking GTN 650 Bezel

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

RonVF

Seeking GTN 650 Bezel

#1 Post by RonVF »

I am seeking a fully functioning bezel to work with Realty XP GTN 650. I am running X-Plane 12, Sim Innovation 4.0 on 2 touch screens with a knobster. I have imported a GTN 650 bezel from someplace, sorry not 100% sure from where but the problem I have is when I push the button to switch from comm to nav, nothing happens. It does work just fine in the Realty XP pop out, just not when under the bezel. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Ralph

Re: Seeking GTN 650 Bezel

#2 Post by Ralph »

Why aren't you using the bezel that's available in Air Manager?

RonVF

#3 Post by RonVF »

Ralph wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:04 pm Why aren't you using the bezel that's available in Air Manager?
Actually I guess that is the one I am using. It says for Realty XP and good for Xplane. But the button on the bottom right doesnt seem to work for switching as mentioned. I thought is was something I had to download but I guess not.
Thanks

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You said that you imported it from 'some place'.

RonVF

#5 Post by RonVF »

Ralph wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:03 am You said that you imported it from 'some place'.
I had imported a different one. TDS Simulations Garmin GTNXi 650 overlay that I am not using. I believe I got that from Simstrumentations I believe and was for MSFS or FS. Again I am not using that one and the one I am using is labeled Generic- Garmin GTN650 overlay for RealityXP. Is there a different one I should be using that will work or is it possible there is a problem with that bezel?
Thanks

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

The FMS button was still in the location of the GTN750 button, so somewhere completely 'off screen'. I've uploaded an updated version.
Also make sure that you set it to Knobster input, in the user properties of this instrument.

RonVF

#7 Post by RonVF »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:32 am The FMS button was still in the location of the GTN750 button, so somewhere completely 'off screen'. I've uploaded an updated version.
Also make sure that you set it to Knobster input, in the user properties of this instrument.
Works now! Thank you!

RonVF

#8 Post by RonVF »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:32 am The FMS button was still in the location of the GTN750 button, so somewhere completely 'off screen'. I've uploaded an updated version.
Hello Ralph, I realize this ticket is resolved and closed however I have a question, thanks again. I was just trying XPlane 11, to see if the altitude discrepancy issue I'm having with the GFC 500 autopilot was there (it is not so I'll talk to Laminar about that in Xplane 12) but the FMS button is not working in AirManager with XP11.
I have also recently discovered another issue. My AirManager panel has the GTN650 as well as a King KX165A TSO radio. The 650 seems to be working fine and independent of the other radio but the KX165 seems to be coupled to the 650. When I change frequencies on the KX165, the frequencies change on the 650. Any idea how to fix this?
Thank you

FlyerDavidUK

#9 Post by FlyerDavidUK »

I have exactly the same setup - GTN 650 and KX165A which matches my real-world aircraft.

It sounds like you have both radios configured as COM1. There are two separate KX165A TSO instruments in the library.
Download and install the COM2 variant and see if that resolves the issue.
UK Private pilot and flight instructor with CPL/IR/FI/IRI approx 2000 hours offering remote flight instruction via Zoom
See my FlyerDavidUK.com website for trip reports around Europe/US, my training experience and services offered

RonVF

#10 Post by RonVF »

FlyerDavidUK wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:01 pm I have exactly the same setup - GTN 650 and KX165A which matches my real-world aircraft.

It sounds like you have both radios configured as COM1. There are two separate KX165A TSO instruments in the library.
Download and install the COM2 variant and see if that resolves the issue.
I’m pretty sure I checked that out but next time I use my sim I’ll check out what your saying. Thanks