Low Fuel Warning Light Output for X-Plane 12

Support for Arduino in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Voyager

Re: Low Fuel Warning Light Output for X-Plane 12

#31 Post by Voyager »

SimPassion, thanks so much for explaining the use of the parameters in the function. In FS2020 the code does respond, but only runs once. It does not respond to a change in the fuel level. If I press RUN in the Create/Edit tab, the code will run and display the correct light status. How do I make the program run on a continuous basis?

SimPassion

#32 Post by SimPassion »

Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:20 am SimPassion, thanks so much for explaining the use of the parameters in the function. In FS2020 the code does respond, but only runs once. It does not respond to a change in the fuel level. If I press RUN in the Create/Edit tab, the code will run and display the correct light status. How do I make the program run on a continuous basis?
Hi @Voyager, I haven't added any change, just corrected issue, you just have to add the "elseif" part, or even simpler "else", to make the led light off
Try again and come here on issue please ;-)

Voyager

#33 Post by Voyager »

SimPassion, thanks again. I added an "else" clause, and now the program runs. Unfortunately, it only responded to the level in the right tank, even though the Viewer clearly showed the left tank level changing as well. I therefore modified the program from (left + right) to Total and now the program runs correctly. I posted the latest version of the program above.

Code: Select all

arbitrary_low_qty = 10
prop_tank = user_prop_add_enum("All", "Left,Right,All", "All", "For FS2020 choose the tank")
low_fuel_light = hw_output_add("Low fuel light", false)

prop_tank = user_prop_add_enum("All", "Left,Right,All", "All", "For FS2020 choose the tank")
left_low_fuel_light = hw_output_add("LEFT Low fuel light", false)
right_low_fuel_light = hw_output_add("RIGHT Low fuel light", false)
all_low_fuel_light = hw_output_add("ALL [BOTH] Low fuel light", false)

xpl_dataref_subscribe(
	"sim/cockpit2/fuel/fuel_quantity", "FLOAT[9]",
	"sim/cockpit2/electrical/bus_volts", "FLOAT[6]",
	function(fuel_qty, bus_volts)
		if user_prop_get(prop_tank) == "Left" then
			hw_output_set(left_low_fuel_light, fuel_qty[1] < arbitrary_low_qty and bus_volts[1] >= 8)
		elseif user_prop_get(prop_tank) == "Right" then
			hw_output_set(right_low_fuel_light, fuel_qty[2] < arbitrary_low_qty and bus_volts[1] >= 8)
		elseif user_prop_get(prop_tank) == "All" then
			hw_output_set(left_low_fuel_light, fuel_qty[1] < arbitrary_low_qty and bus_volts[1] >= 8)
			hw_output_set(right_low_fuel_light, fuel_qty[2] < arbitrary_low_qty and bus_volts[1] >= 8)
			hw_output_set(all_low_fuel_light, fuel_qty[1] < arbitrary_low_qty and fuel_qty[2] < arbitrary_low_qty and bus_volts[1] >= 8)
		end
		end)

fs2020_variable_subscribe("FUEL TOTAL QUANTITY", "Gallons",			-- 4 x variables subscribed expected to be forwarded to the inline function
			"ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE", "Volts",
			function(all, bus_volts)			        -- 4 x parameters required
				if all<7.5 and bus_volts >8 then	        -- fixed unexpected duplicate parenthesis after the if !! ;-)
					hw_output_set(low_fuel_light,true)else  -- added ",true" which was missing in the reported script extract
					hw_output_set (low_fuel_light, false)   -- resets light to off
				end
			end)