PMDG 737-700 instrument collection

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Detlef

Re: PMDG 737-700 instrument collection

#91 Post by Detlef »

Puukka wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:13 pm Is in the German manual missing "You also need to add this entry to the 737_Options.ini file of FS2020:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1
@Herbert,
thank you seeing that. I have now removed the German document from my Dropbox. The english one is up to date.

Here is a panel I made based on your layout ideas. It is made with Skinman.
preview..png
737-700 Compact Panel.siff
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
Detlef

Puukka

#92 Post by Puukka »

Looks fantastic and since self-drawn ready for submission, thanks a lot!
Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CRJ, X-Plane - Citation X, Air Manager, FSHud, Navigraph

Puukka

#93 Post by Puukka »

The only issue I still have, is the V/S dial and indication of the MCP.
During flight when I select V/S my V/S display shows -16960 and the dial (ribbon control) is stuck.
When I pause the sim (active pause) it´s showing the correct values and the dial is working.
Hmm. what makes the difference of active and active pause?
Regards, Herbert
Herbert Puukka

MSFS - CRJ, X-Plane - Citation X, Air Manager, FSHud, Navigraph

robmar58

#94 Post by robmar58 »

Hi all,
I'm doing my first steps with Air Manager, so I apologize for any naive question, thanks for your help and understanding!

I'm trying to set a FMC panel using one of the many great contributions of Detlef, namely the PMDG 737-700 FMC Overlay.
But all I get is an empty frame with clickable keys, there's no screen content.
The PC where I'm running MSFS2020 and PMDG 737-800 has Air Manager and plugin properly installed, so I'm a bit lost...
Is this maybe because I have PMDG 737-800 instead of 700 version, or else I'm overlooking something?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Roberto

Sling

#95 Post by Sling »

Hi Roberto and welcome.

Whenever you see the words overlay in an instrument name it means it is designed as an instrument that overlays something else. This something is almost always a pop out display from the sim but I guess it could also be something else. So in other words you need 2 elements to complete the whole FMS. The sim popout which gives the display portion and the Air Manager overlay that sits over the display and provides the bezel with all its controls. There are several other instruments that operate like this so look out for that word overlay in the name for others like this.
Last edited by Sling on Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Capitan_Bill

#96 Post by Capitan_Bill »

First off let me say that I'm using the entire suite of guages includind the FSUIPC ones and love them. The only thing that I have found is that the ADF Radio and the Transponder Radio don't have the option the use "Real" setting for illumination. Would it be possible to get that working? :pray:

skypilotYTS

#97 Post by skypilotYTS »

Good evening,

@Detlef just checking to see, the instruments on your Dropbox, are those the most current / up to date? And do they also include everything in the Air Manager store, or just what you couldn't submit?

Lastly, will these work on all variants? or just the 700?

Thanks.

Detlef

#98 Post by Detlef »

Hi,
sorry I did not check this forum recently. I'll have a more close look into your comments next.
Thank you
Detlef

Detlef

#99 Post by Detlef »

Capitan_Bill wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:21 pm First off let me say that I'm using the entire suite of guages includind the FSUIPC ones and love them. The only thing that I have found is that the ADF Radio and the Transponder Radio don't have the option the use "Real" setting for illumination. Would it be possible to get that working? :pray:
@Capitan_Bill,

thank you for your comments. Well, it is not the only thing that could be improved :) . Regarding the illumination features of the radios: those were the first instruments I made for the 737. Later on I changed to a different programming method for the illumination with adjustable scales lighting. It is a lot of work to change my old instruments to the full features of the new ones. So I did the next best thing now and cheated a little as with the NAV radio for example.

The more severe error in the ADF radio is, that for me many times I could not set the standby frequency. That is because PMDG has provided no variable accessible with Airmanager directly. So here again I use FSUIPC to get access to the standby ADF frequency. So note, you need a new PmdgOk.lua file in your FSUIPC directory for the ADF instrument.

So here are my reworked instruments for the Transponder and the ADF radio. And the .lua file to be used in FSUIPC is attached also:
Boeing 737-700 (PMDG) - Transponder Radio.siff
(141.07 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Boeing 737-700 (FSUIPC) - ADF Radio.siff
(164.77 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
PmdgOk.lua
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Detlef

Capitan_Bill

#100 Post by Capitan_Bill »

Detlef wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:17 am
Capitan_Bill wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:21 pm First off let me say that I'm using the entire suite of guages includind the FSUIPC ones and love them. The only thing that I have found is that the ADF Radio and the Transponder Radio don't have the option the use "Real" setting for illumination. Would it be possible to get that working? :pray:
@Capitan_Bill,

thank you for your comments. Well, it is not the only thing that could be improved :) . Regarding the illumination features of the radios: those were the first instruments I made for the 737. Later on I changed to a different programming method for the illumination with adjustable scales lighting. It is a lot of work to change my old instruments to the full features of the new ones. So I did the next best thing now and cheated a little as with the NAV radio for example.

The more severe error in the ADF radio is, that for me many times I could not set the standby frequency. That is because PMDG has provided no variable accessible with Airmanager directly. So here again I use FSUIPC to get access to the standby ADF frequency. So note, you need a new PmdgOk.lua file in your FSUIPC directory for the ADF instrument.

So here are my reworked instruments for the Transponder and the ADF radio. And the .lua file to be used in FSUIPC is attached also:
Boeing 737-700 (PMDG) - Transponder Radio.siff

Boeing 737-700 (FSUIPC) - ADF Radio.siffPmdgOk.lua

Detlef

Thank you so much Sir you are the best :) :) :)