Sim sound stops when accessing Air Manager touchscreen

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FlyGuyKC

Sim sound stops when accessing Air Manager touchscreen

#1 Post by FlyGuyKC »

This may be a Windows issue, but being a Mac guy I am struggling to figure it out. I'm running Air Manager on the same PC as MSFS 2020. Monitor 1 runs the sim, and monitors 2 and 3 are touchscreens with Air Manager panels. I notice whenever I touch one of the touchscreens the sound from the sim stops until I mouse back up to the sim screen and click. I think the PC is switching the sound feed to whichever app has active "focus", but of course there is no sound coming from Air Manager. Does anyone know how I can change settings so that the sound from MSFS 2020 is always playing regardless of which screen or app has focus? I tried turning off 'exclusive' sound settings in Windows 11 and it didn't make a difference. Thanks.

Ralph

Re: Sim sound stops when accessing Air Manager touchscreen

#2 Post by Ralph »

This was a 'feature' in FSX, it is still there it seems :lol: Maybe it is a setting? I've never experienced this.

FlyGuyKC

Re: Sim sound stops when accessing Air Manager touchscreen

#3 Post by FlyGuyKC »

Thanks, that helped me find the solution. There is an option whether the sim plays the sound when it is in background or not. Switching that to Yes solved my issue.