Need Help with Sub-Folders

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Need Help with Sub-Folders

#11 Post by Ralph »

Lua does nothing with files other than images, sounds, etc... Everything else is in variables, functions, etc... that has nothing to do with folders.

The Artful Dodger

#12 Post by The Artful Dodger »

The folder requirement comes from the autopilot - I have converted it from Typescript to LUA - but there's no way to remove the structure.
You still haven't explained why that restriction can't be eased. You certainly can't say it's because of system security. So, please, let me do this!

Sparky

Corjan

#13 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

It would be easy for me to recursively go through the folders, instead of only the root lib folder.
But like Ralph said, this does nothing in how you use the files within lua.

Do you mean that you have two folders with identical names inside of them? If that is the case you can still rename one and move everything to the root of the lib folder.

Corjan

The Artful Dodger

#14 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello, Corjan:
Ok, here's the easiest way to show you exactly what I'm talking about. Here's are the folders, on the left are the folders that are on the upper level - I intended to place them on the same level as the lib and resources folders. The small, '>' symbols indicate which of these folders include a second level of folders. On the right is the list of files just under the 'instruments' folder. It's too complicated to try and show it all. But, I need to be able to access additional folders on the lib level as well as several folders one level below that. Here's the picture:
image.png
Perhaps this will make it a bit clearer.
Can you allow me to do this? And, if I'm successful, AM will have a WT-quality autopilot that everybody can use, instead of trying to use the one in the sim! On any airplane. I believe.
Sparky